2004 - 2008 F-150

Reverse sensing system - dealer can't find anything wrong

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 04:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reverse sensing system - dealer can't find anything wrong

I've been having on and off problems with my reverse sensing system ever since I got my 04 F150 back in Feb. They start beeping very fast even though there isn't anything behind me. When I actually do get close to something, it beeps normally. It doesn't do it all the time though. I would say about 80% of the time. It's to the point where I don't trust it anymore.

I finally took it into the dealer on Monday and after an hour they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. They couldn't reproduce the problem either. They said nothing came up wrong on their computer and they even reset the sensors.

Well, I explained to the service mgr that the problem is very inconsistent. He asked if I continue to have the problem, to bring it in again. I told him then that it is already a problem and as soon as I get my truck home, it will start doing it again. Of course, I'm still having the problem.

Anybody have this similar problem and have found a fix. I considered asking them to replace all the sensors. Maybe I'll do that the next time I bring it in.

Old 05-15-2004, 05:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Mine work fine

I have a 2004 Lariat with the sensor system and haven’t had any trouble with them.

Old 05-15-2004, 05:22 PM
Mines been in the shop for a week The rear sensor was one problem (sounds the same as yours) mine actually did it twice at the dealer so they know I am not crazy. They found a loose connector at one, reseated it, and they said it hasnt happend since. but they are still working on my nibble and also a 50-53 mph whine (said they found my headliner rattle too) they are suppose to test drive it again on Monday, also Ford told them to switch my tires and wheels with truck on the lot to see if it makes my nibble better.

Old 05-16-2004, 08:52 AM
Mine is on the fritz too. Same symptoms. At first I thought that it was related to moisture, but that theory has been axed. Happens intermittently under wet and dry conditions. Sometimes when it's wigging out, I can take it out of reverse and then re-engage it without the problem.

For now, I'm gonna hold out with the hope that it fixes itself.

Old 05-16-2004, 09:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
got my fingers crossed

My sensor system works fine, so far. I hope it don’t wig out, cause I’ve finally begun to trust it some.

Quick Reply: Reverse sensing system - dealer can't find anything wrong