2004 - 2008 F-150

Picked up my Truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 11:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Picked up my Truck

Picked up my 2004 True Blue FX4 Supercab with Flareside yesterday. Bottom line, I love it. Zero problems whatsoever.(Knock on wood) No vibration, no shimmy, no annoying throttle lag (feels even better than the demo, which I had no problem with) I hope this is a sign that things are on the right track and those of you with earlier build trucks will have a permanent fix if you're one of the guys with issues. Everything works great and I can't wait until winter when I load up some motorcycles and drive way south to do some riding. Or maybe take the Quad up north to the bush.

Couldn't be happier and I got the truck I wanted. I actually test drove all the competition and the F150 was the one I wanted.

Chevrolet 1500 Silverado - Antique looking interior, piston slap issues that GM hasn't resolved and they didn't want to offer me as much price haggling as the Ford or much for my trade. AutoTrac was kind of nice, but not a huge deal.

Toyota Tundra - Too small and weak for what I want.

Nissan Titan. - Engine noise got on my nerves. Interior was cheap looking, the Finance rates were a joke. They did have a few good ideas though. Butt Ugly, but that wasn't a big deal to me.

Dodge Ram - Worst ride of the bunch, didn't like the interior, had a great warranty, but the truck broke down on my test drive (I kid you not)

Ford F150 - Nicest interior, nicest handling, best salesman experience by far, gave me a great trade price, best truck overall. It felt slower than the Dodge and Nissan, but I want a truck, not a hot rod. It had great power right where I want it. ( I have my motorcycles for when I want to go fast )

Bottom line, I love my truck, now I think I might go for another drive.

Old 05-12-2004, 11:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 05-12-2004, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad you like your new wheels!
I am forecasting many of these in the future of this thread!

Quick Reply: Picked up my Truck