2004 - 2008 F-150

Chrome grill surround for XLT?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 05:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chrome grill surround for XLT?

I love my 04 F-150 XLT but I wish it came with the chrome grill surround that you find on the Lariat's and I believe STX's. I was at the Ford dealership the other day and was in their Accessories shop. I asked if they sold the chrome grill surround for the 04 F150 and he said they do for $219 (eeeek). He didn't know whether it would fit on an XLT though. I'm guessing it should fit perfectly since it's the same front end with the honeycomb grill.

Anybody try this on their XLT or know anything that's different between the Lariat and XLT front ends?

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-12-2004, 06:07 PM
bajabenedik,

The XLT and Lariat grills and surrounds are interchangeable. I switched out my Lariat grill and surround for an XLT one a couple of months ago.

I purchased the XLT grill through Ford Parts Network. They have the Lariat grill with surround and support brackets for $161.84 + shipping ($7.99, I believe). The P/N for the Lariat grill is 4L3Z 8200-DAB.

If you want to keep the black XLT grill, but use the Lariat surround, I'm not sure how difficult it is to get them apart. Maybe someone can comment about this.

Let us know what you end up doing.

Old 05-13-2004, 12:09 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33645

This is probably the third Lariat grille I've seen on ebay in the past two months.

I, too, swapped my Lariat for an XLT. But I found another forum user with which to trade. (I got lucky)

If you want to contact FordPartsNetwork, send an email to Torrie "at" FordPartsNetwork.com. There are tabs that keep the "surround" connected to the actual grille. Carefully done, you can separate the two, and reattach the chrome surround to your black grille ... unless you like the "nickel" Lariat honeycomb.

Old 05-13-2004, 02:15 PM
I like the chrome honeycomb lariet styler grill, i want to switch out the goofy one on my FX-4, thanks for the tip.

Mike

Old 05-13-2004, 08:00 PM

Quick Reply: Chrome grill surround for XLT?