2004 - 2008 F-150

Modified driving

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 09:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Modified driving

Had my PCM 'recalibrated' for the throttle delay this week and I have been testing it the past few days and here are the results..

Driving around town I am fairly pleased, when I get on the 'go stick' it goes, no noticeable delay. The problem with rolling back on an incline is still there and is really starting to get annoying.

On the highway it's a different story. If I get on it hard to pass or merge that delay is still there. I have also noticed that if I just lightly push on the pedal there is instant response. So I did a test yesterday, I was cruisin' at 60 and decided to pass, so I gave a little push on pedal until the RPM's started to go up and then I put it to floor, truck just took off, no delay or anything.

This seems like this is the way to go but the only problem is that this requires preplanning and thinking. In an emergency situation it's just not gonna happen. I don't like it but I have to deal with what I've got the best way I can.

Technology brings change. Change sucks!

Old 04-18-2004, 09:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have problems when barely giving it gas say to move forward or reverse at slow speeds. The truck will continue to surge until you let off or give it more pedal.....

Quick Reply: Modified driving