2004 - 2008 F-150

#'s on computer

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 07:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question #'s on computer

I was trying to see what version my computer was....Most guys have numbers like (BME6)...The only thing i can find on mine is on a sticker with a bar code and some other writing, it says ESY2 (i think)...Am i looking at the wrong thing?

Old 04-06-2004, 07:40 PM
Gtullous,

That sounds about right...you should expect it to be in a Letter/Letter/Letter/Number pattern. What is the build month on your truck? Some owners who have Jan and Feb '04 build months reported having code EAY2...could that be it?

Old 04-06-2004, 07:44 PM
Just a guess....EAY2=Job 2?

Old 04-06-2004, 08:05 PM
yep....thats the # ...EAY2....mine was built 12/03 ...how do i know if i have the latest version of upgrades installed or do they reflash the ecu only if you are having some kind of problem that calls for a reflash? or will they notify guys without the upgrades and do everyones when they become avaliable? (That last sentence was a good one hu??)...LOL...

Old 04-06-2004, 08:15 PM
Gtullous,

I'm not sure what the real differences between the different PCM versions from the factory. I don't believe that the "newer" versions are necessarily any better (or worse) than the earlier ones. I wouldn't get hung up on it unless you think your vehicle is having a problem...then discuss the issue with a service advisor to see what they say about what you can expect from a flash update. As far as I know, dealers won't reflash your PCM unless they diagnose a specific problem that calls for a flash update to fix it.
I'd love to hear more about this from forum members who has firsthand knowledge (Ford service techs...?)...

John

Quick Reply: #'s on computer