2004 - 2008 F-150

Borla #140087 Dual Rear Exit (SCrew/SCab)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 05:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Borla #140087 Dual Rear Exit (SCrew/SCab)

Borla #140087 Dual Rear Exit

... installed this weekend on my SCrew. With the help of ramps under the rear tires and my co-worker Gary, we took our time (1.5 hours) getting the job done. It was then time for .

Eight (8) new pictures are available in my gallery ... at the bottom of the page. A soundbite (courtesy of YellowFX4SCrew) is also linked at the top of the page.

We found it beneficial to remove the hanger grommet in front of the muffler prior to putting up the new pipe. Putting the hanger through the grommet prior to attaching it under the truck made it much easier.

Yes, you can hear it (just enough) from inside the cab. Of couse, I've had my radio turned off since putting it on ... just listening to it. And I do notice an increase in HP. There's a noticeable difference when I "step on it."

Old 04-04-2004, 06:42 PM
Awesome. Those are terrific pictures. Thanks very much for posting! Have one on me!

Old 04-04-2004, 07:06 PM
Looking good Gordo!! Good choice. You will love the sound, looks and most importantly the compliments. It Gives you a little more juice too. I am not sure of the MPG's though. I am still collecting data. Check it out:

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...8320&anum=5841

Old 04-04-2004, 07:18 PM
Glad to hear you like the Borla exhaust. Have had mine for a while and still catch myself turning down the radio to listen to the exhaust. Have fun and enjoy your new exhaust and have a nanner on me.

Old 04-04-2004, 08:52 PM
where did you buy the system? if you dont mind me asking what did you pay for it also?

Old 04-04-2004, 09:39 PM
Thumbs up

Very NICE indeed

Will

Old 04-05-2004, 10:38 AM
I bought it off of ebay from www_socalmotorsports_com for $554.99 (free S&H). They shipped it FedEx to my work. It comes in one box about 5'x1.5'x1.5'. It's not heavy ... carried it by myself ... probably about 25 lbs. I've heard AJ-USA.com is also a good seller, but I wanted the ebay feedback, etc. I emailed SoCal prior to ordering/purchasing to make sure they had it in stock.

Old 04-05-2004, 10:41 AM
GordoPanocho, was it difficult to install? Also, have you noticed any ground clearance concerns with the driver side pipe?

Looks very nice BTW...

Old 04-05-2004, 11:00 AM
Definitely don't like that cross-over pipe for the driver's side tailpipe.

Old 04-05-2004, 02:55 PM
Can't say I like the look of the pipe either...not sure it would be any type of ground clearance problem...as close as it looks to the pumpkin, if there was gonna be a problem, your pumpkin has already hit it.

Old 04-05-2004, 09:34 PM
The install is NOT difficult. I'm hardly a weekend warrior in the garage, etc. I had my co-worker help for two reasons: 1) he likes to do this kind of work (fun), and 2) just in case I got in trouble during the process. You can do it. Plus, it's good for you ... good experience. If you've read other threads on this Borla system, you'll know that you need to lube the grommets to get the hangers in/out. We ended up using WD-40 even though it may not have worked too well for others.

As for the ground clearance regarding the driver side pipe:
1) I don't off-road ... I'm strickly on the pavement.
2) The pipe is NOT the lowest point on the underside of the truck; the differential (pumpkin) is. So, why should I worry!? If it were truly unsafe, then Borla would not have released the product to the truck community.
3) "are you skeert?" -- If you're not comfortable with the potential ground clearance problem, then go get another system and/or stick with stock. Go ask your local muffler shop how low their piping will end up.
4) If you really want Borla but don't like the driver side pipe, then check out their side exit setup #140086.

Past that, we got a new camera at work that I need to test out. I'll see if I can't get another shot or two (better angles) of the driver side pipe, etc. If and when, I'll post here that new pics are available. Cheers!

Old 04-05-2004, 09:52 PM
GordoPanocho,

thanks for the info... I do 4x4 a bit and the shot made it look a bit lower than the chunk (pumpkin). Glad to see Borla made it fit with the spare in the same spot too.

overall looks pretty darn good 2 me...

Old 04-06-2004, 10:14 PM
Exclamation FOUR MORE PICS OF THE DRIVER SIDE CROSSOVER PIPE

Just thought I'd let y'all know that I took four (4) more pics of the driver side crossover pipe running behind the spare tire ... see the bottom of the page. Hope this is helpful to you. My gallery is here.

Measuring from the ground up, I acquired these rough estimates:
  • 9 3/8" to lowest point of driver side crossover pipe (at the bend from the axle portion)
  • 9 1/2" to point on driver side crossover pipe directly behind differential
  • 8 1/4" to the differential

Old 04-08-2004, 02:50 PM
Is there a high-temp black paint that could cover the crossover portion of the crossover pipe? Might make it less noticeable at a glance.

On the whole, I do like the setup and plan to order a system for myself in the near future.

Great Pic's GP, really appreciate you posting them for us to see. Oh yea... Nice looking ride !!

Old 04-08-2004, 03:04 PM
first - GordoPanocho - u da man... pics are great and the details were awesome - much appreciated

second - agree on the driver side cross over pipe but guess there isn't much they can do with it to push it up due to the spare... do like the idea of being able to paint it black but the pipes out the back look sweet

lastly - GordoPanocho, did you have to do anything once you put the pipes on for the computer like you would with changing the intake?

thx

Quick Reply: Borla #140087 Dual Rear Exit (SCrew/SCab)