2004 - 2008 F-150

Toolboxes

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 03:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toolboxes

Anyone know a good site/place to find "in the box" toolboxes for our truck. The kind that are between the rails so they fit under a tonneau.

Old 03-22-2004, 04:19 PM
Home Depot and Lowes have pretty good selection. You'll pay out the butt to buy from them, but I would recommend going to them to check out the different ones, then buy online, or from a truck accessories dealer.

Old 03-22-2004, 05:35 PM
I've got a pic of one that I picked up from TSC (Tractor Supply Co.) in my gallery.
Regular price is $229.

Its four feet wide and 18 inches tall. Probably about 18 inches deep too.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...7521&anum=5798

Not the greatest pic, but you'll get the idea.

Old 03-22-2004, 06:29 PM
bleppek
what holds it in place from sliding back?

Old 03-22-2004, 07:11 PM
Got mine just like bleppek from Tractor Supply except in chrome. I drilled holes in the bottom of it and put some rubber feet on it like the ones on the legs of some shop tools(table saws & stuff). I ground the bolts off smooth down to the nuts inside the box, positioned the feet so they were offset against the runners of the bed and threw a 3' 2"X4" in front of it to keep it off the front of the bed when opening. I haven't gotten into any real rough 4wheelin yet but with the Line-X and the rubber feet mine hasn't moved in 5K miles. A 20' chain, various tools and receiver hitch parts probably helps hold it down some.

Old 03-22-2004, 09:38 PM
I actually used the hardware that came with the box. It allows the back of the toolbox to be connected with the back of the bed. The hardware creates about a 4-inch gap between the back of the bed and the box. I had to drill 4 small holes in the bed to attach the brackets. This box also has a hydraulic lift on the lid and when the brackets are installed, it keeps the lid a perfect distance away from my roll up cover when it's opened all the way. The box connects to the brackets with a couple of cotter pins so it can be removed easily if needed. It also has handles on the sides.
I probably would also attach the bottom of the box to the bed if I planned on any rough off-roading, but for now it does just fine like it is. My speedliner spray in keeps it from doing any bed damage from the small amount of moving it may do.

If you would like some pics of the brackets, let me know.

Old 03-23-2004, 07:45 AM
Not at my HD

I went to one of my local Home Depots about a week ago, and found out that they are apparently not stocking truck toolboxes anymore. The salesman told me that they just couldn't move enough of them out the door, and are dropping them. The ones they did have left were boxed up on the racks and the guy had no intention of helping me figure out what they had left, nevermind the price.

I ended up getting a DeflectaShield Ultima toolbox from AutoZone for $199. It's not a between-the-rails box, but I see in their catalog they make quite a few boxes in a ton of sizes, finishes, shapes, and finish levels.

http://www.deflectashield.com/products/boxes/boxes.html

Let us know how you make out.

- Justin

Old 03-23-2004, 08:35 AM

I got this one from www.truckstuffusa.com

Old 03-23-2004, 08:54 AM
One for under 250 would be nice. I am going to give Advance Auto a call and see what they have. I would get it from the internet because they are cheaper, but they kill you will shipping. At this rate I will end up with a plastic box!

Old 03-23-2004, 12:24 PM
Shop around, you should be able to find one for under $250. I have one on my 97, and I think I paid around $219 for it at a place called Auto Parts club.
I mounted mine by drilling 4 holes in the bottom, and 4 holes in the bed. I then cut a length of heavy aluminum angle stock and drilled holes to match those in the bed and the box.
I coated the side of the aluminum angle stock with silicone and stuck it to the under side of the bed, lining up with the holes. by doing this, you keep the water and crud out. I then lined up the box, and used 4 1/4 20 stainless steel bolts with nylocks and big fender washers to hold everything down. It has lasted for years, no corrosion, no rust, never works loose. I do a lot of off roading, and the 3/4 ton suspension really beats the box around, never had any problems with it.

Just be sure to seal everything well to prevent rust.

Quick Reply: Toolboxes