2004 - 2008 F-150

Running Boards Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Running Boards Question

I have the black platform running boards, and dont care for the color / look of them contrasted with my two-tone paint. Has anyone tried (or know if it is possible to) painting them? They are just plastic-type material, so I think it could be done.

Side note, anyone know if they sell beige running boards?

Old 02-04-2004, 06:03 PM
Hmmmm, another interesting idea, Bill.

Did you see my reply earlier today regarding painting the bar grill Az. Beige? I suppose the same could apply to the running boards, although I don't know how well the paint would hold up...

I think that if our trucks had Az. Beige illuminated running boards, it would be ideal.

It's worth looking into.

Old 02-04-2004, 06:12 PM
This forum is dangerous John!

I was looking at a picture of the 05 KR from Ford's website to get an idea of what a tan bar insert would look like and I noticed the KR had tan platform running boards. I loved the looks of them, and was wondering if the same could be applied to the 04s.

Yes, thank you very much for the painting tip - I dont know how much it would be at the body shop, but that seemed easy enough. I wouldnt want to mess up, though...... I am not sure if the paint could be used for running boards, what do you think?

I am having trouble posting the pic of the KR, you can find it on ford's website

Old 02-04-2004, 06:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will be doing the same as well on my truck, and yes they can be painted because my dads are painted on his f150 but they get scratched after a while where your leg comes off the step insert.

Old 02-04-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Wolfman064
This forum is dangerous John!

I was looking at a picture of the 05 KR from Ford's website to get an idea of what a tan bar insert would look like and I noticed the KR had tan platform running boards. I loved the looks of them, and was wondering if the same could be applied to the 04s.
That's the ticket! If we don't find anything else before then, we just have to wait for the '05 KRs to come out. I am content to wait until then (I am tempted to get the whole '05 KR ).

John

Quick Reply: Running Boards Question