2004 - 2008 F-150

How long to wait for VIN

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 12:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long to wait for VIN

I ordered my truck on 1/6. Dealer said it would probly take 10 weeks to get. So I stop by dealership on 1/31 and dealer told me truck should have been built and could be there in a couple weeks. So i asked for my VIN number. They didnt have one. Said they would look into it. Called 1/3 and said they didnt have it and wouldnt have it until a week before it gets to dealership. Now I see everybody asking for VIN checks, so they must of have gotten there VINs before there trucks have been shipped. So should i have a VIN, does the dealer have access to it? Should i trust my dealer that my truck has been produced? Thanks for any help.

Old 02-04-2004, 10:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your salesperson or dealer needs an education. The VIN is assigned to the vehicle long before it is built. In my case, I order the truck on Nov. 1. The VIN was assigned on Jan 15, and the truck is scheduled to be built the week of Feb 9.

Someone at your dealership can access a Ford database called "concepts" or "conceps" (not sure how it is spelled) or they can call the VOPC directly and get updated info at any time.

Some of the dealers/salepersons will call you and provide you with updates on a regular basis if they care about their customer at all.

Old 02-04-2004, 10:40 AM
You ordered a truck on 1/6/2004 And the dealer told you it would be about 10 weeks and we need to check on it less than 4 weeks.It is likely that the dealer does not have info on the truck yet. build and delivery times have increased since christmas holiday. the factory closes for a week at christmas. Read some of the other post on the subject of delivery. Some have been waiting 12 to 14 weeks and still do not have the truck. there are a lot of things that can hold up an order. You did not state which model and equipement you ordered. You will most likely recieve a vin in about 2 to 4 more weeks.

Don't get upset. it will come

Mike

Old 02-04-2004, 05:26 PM
I'm just a little upset cause my dealer said "it should have been built and could be here in a couple weeks." By him telling me that I feel he should have no problem getting my VIN. But since he cant or wont I guess he was just lying to me. Typical dealer. Oh well i wont mind a 10 week wait cause it will give me more time to sell my current car. Thanks for the responses.

By the way I ordered:
Lariet screw 4x4
Black/Black
LSR
Reverse Sensing system
Front captains chairs
Audiophile
Heated seat package
Trailer tow package

Old 02-04-2004, 06:06 PM
The supercrew is one of the models that is hard to get. the wait is longer because they are selling really well.

Hang in there.

Mike

Old 02-04-2004, 06:28 PM
wow, my dealer just called and gave me my VIN. Now I can find out how far along my truck is. After talkin to him yesterday and gettin a little upset, I didnt think I was assinged a VIN yet eventhough he said it should have been built. Ok now Im happy and need a VIN check. Thanks for the responses.

Quick Reply: How long to wait for VIN