2004 - 2008 F-150

Audiophile Subwoofer

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 05:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audiophile Subwoofer

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone has replaced the subwoofer in the stock enclosure yet. I'm contemplating replacing it along with the amp (got used to my MTX) but definitly want to retain the enclosure due to the limited space under the seats.
Any thoughts? Thanks!

Old 11-17-2003, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please do not take this as anything directed negatively towards you....

If it ain't broke don't fix it. The system sounds awesome!

JMO

freddy

Old 11-17-2003, 10:02 PM
Re: Audiophile Subwoofer

Originally posted by LightningKid
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone has replaced the subwoofer in the stock enclosure yet. I'm contemplating replacing it along with the amp (got used to my MTX) but definitly want to retain the enclosure due to the limited space under the seats.
Any thoughts? Thanks!
tried it...with an MTX thunder 6000 8". Sub itself was just a hair too tall...and then the amp wasn't strong enough to push it, sounded HORRIBLE!...Car Tunes in Allen Park will build a custom 10" box if ya like...one sub right where the sub is now....but if your gonna swap amps...what the heck!....

Old 11-18-2003, 06:59 AM
Thanks GEO036, that is the input that I was looking for!
I was planning on using a mach 460 sub amp that I have at home to drive a Rockford Fosgate 8" sub. I can package that amp in the same location as the amp that is located there now. I used that amp for my MTX Thunderform in my '01 reg cab and it worked extremely well. Thanks for the fitment heads up

Old 11-18-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by LightningKid
Thanks GEO036, that is the input that I was looking for!
I was planning on using a mach 460 sub amp that I have at home to drive a Rockford Fosgate 8" sub. I can package that amp in the same location as the amp that is located there now. I used that amp for my MTX Thunderform in my '01 reg cab and it worked extremely well. Thanks for the fitment heads up

No problem...I think I recall someone helping me out with my VIN a few times!

Old 11-19-2003, 12:05 PM
Talking

WOW, I'm impressed that you remembered. Thanks for writing that. Now that BIGMAC is doing the same thing, I'm sure that he gets an occasional thanks way after the fact also!!!

BTW, I have a Kicker Comp C8 subwoofer coming, it should be here at the end of the week. Hopefully I will get my truck back from service by then to install it. I'll have to let you know how it turns out.....

Quick Reply: Audiophile Subwoofer