2004 - 2008 F-150

Check that air

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 10:08 AM
edw
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check that air

I am happy as a lark with my 04 Lariat Scab, Toreadore Red, and I am just as happy with this forum for giving me a clue to what I thought might be a problem. During my first week driving this beauty, I felt the bumps more than I did in my 99 F-150.

When I read the post that a lot of you were getting your trucks with too much air in the tires, I checked. Sure enough. I had about 45 lbs in each tire. I lowered it to 35 and the ride smoothed out beautifully.

Thanks, guys, that really helped. New owners should make that one of their first checks.

Old 11-07-2003, 10:57 AM
NO.

New vehicle prep. should do this.It is on the prep.form.

Dealers are we listening.

Mike

Old 11-07-2003, 12:15 PM
Re: Check that air

Originally posted by edw
During my first week driving this beauty, I felt the bumps more than I did in my 99 F-150.

Thanks for posting.

TruBluScru and others, are you reading this.
There really was no need for flaming me in the bumpy ride quality thread.
FYI

Old 11-07-2003, 01:52 PM
Flaming?

All I said was:

Don't buy one! Problem solved.
Which is what I say to everybody that complains about plastic interiors, no side airbags, poor power, and bad ride quality. I've also said on a number of occasions that the first thing you should do when you get a new car is get the tires balanced and the alignment checked. I'll add checking your tire pressure to the list I guess. When you posted saying you didn't like the F150, I was assuming that the truck was in good working order. I don't check the tire pressure before I test drive a truck, so I can see why you may have thought the truck rode bumpy. Anyway, you didn't get flamed, people disagreed with you, so don't be so sensitive.

Quick Reply: Check that air