2004 - 2008 F-150

My first weeks experiences

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 10:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My first weeks experiences

I purchased my Wedgewood Blue/Arizona Beige Lariat Screw 4x4 with captains chairs, audiophile and electric rear slider (basically everything except moon roof) on 10/30. On the drive back home from dealer (20+ miles) a guy in another pickup pulls up next to me and starts honking his horn. Thinking he has some admiring things to say about my new ride, I roll down the window and mute the stereo. Imagine my shock when he yells that my rear tail lights are out. By now, it is after 9:30 at night and too late to go back to the dealer so I call the salesman on Friday morning to make arrangements to come in for service on Saturday. To the dealers cedit, they had the truck in the service bay as soon as I got there and within an hour and a half had traced the problem to a bad connection under the drivers side of the truck. Problem fixed and I'm on my way.

Day three, Sunday night. Returning from a visit to the parents and I'm backing into the drive way when I hear a hideous scraping sound. Note here, prior to this purchase I was driving a Contour SVT so I'm still getting used to the size difference. Anyway, my fear was that I had just scraped the side of my truck against the gatepost so you can imagine my relief when I saw that it was just the running board. Thank God! I am now much more cautious when backing into the drive way.

Day five, Tuesday. Driving to work on the George Washington Parkway when I hear a loud "BANG". What the ******* is it now? Well apparently, a UFO of some sort has impacted the lower left corner of the windshield, leaving a nickel sized starburst pattern in the glass. Fortunately, my insurance company will cover the cost of repairing the damage and waive the deductible.

If bad things happen in threes then I guess I'm golden as far as the truck is concerned for awhile. Sorry for such a long post but I thought you'd find it amusing.

Oh yeah, I guess I need to change my screen name now.

Old 11-06-2003, 03:21 AM
Amusing? Hell no. Its painful!

I'm waiting for my Fx4 and I am dreading that first "thing" that will confirm the truck isn't perfect anymore.

Hope your luck changes now and you have smooth driving for a while. Good luck!

Old 11-06-2003, 08:29 AM
Holy Smokes! A UFO? I'm suppose to drive down the GW parkway tonight!

Old 11-06-2003, 08:43 AM
I know what you mean, I bought my truck on a Friday and the following Wednesday some tagged my driver side mirror. Fortunately that was all they hit. Took two weeks for the mirror to come in from order.

Paul S.
Columbus Ohio

2004 F150 XLT - Dark Shadow Gray
Mods
Bedliner,
Chrome running boards/tubes
F150 Bug Deflector
Westin Bed X-tender
Astro Euro Lid - paint to match

Old 11-06-2003, 09:14 AM
Hey No_F150_yet, where are you in Arlington? What dealership did you go to?

Old 11-06-2003, 09:20 AM
Congrats on the new truck! Sounds like the UFO lost.
I think Ventshade makes a UFOflector II.

Old 11-06-2003, 02:03 PM
Wolfman,

I live in South Arlington, between Walter Reed Drive and Columbia Pike.

I bought the truck at Koons in Sterling. They were the only dealer in the area that had a Wedgewood Blue Screw.

Old 11-06-2003, 02:11 PM
I bought mine from Koons in Falls Church, I am down in Pentagon Row (Army Navy Drive). Nice to know there is another 04 F150 in the neighborhood!

Old 11-06-2003, 04:08 PM
I'll keep an eye out for you. I'm in that area quite frequently (love the Baja Fresh). What color is your truck? I bought my two previous Fords from Koons in Falls Church. Overall, I've been pleased with them.

Old 11-06-2003, 09:22 PM
Black/Tan Supercab, https://www.f150online.com/galleries...cfm?gnum=3299.

Overall, it was a decent transaction - hope the service dept is decent!

I will keep an eye out for you, too!

Quick Reply: My first weeks experiences