2004 - 2008 F-150

My salesman doesn't know how to dial a phone number.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My salesman doesn't know how to dial a phone number.

Alright, my truck was supposedly built on Oct. 6. Two weekends before the build date I called my salesman to have the polished running boards added on since I am getting D-plan pricing. He wrote it down and said he would call me back. Needless to say, he NEVER called me back. Well, I called him the other day and he said that it wasn't added and tried saying that they have other customers and that I kept adding stuff (which is probably why he hates me ). He said they could add them there but it would cost a hell of a lot more. Should I be pissed or glad? Can I find them for cheaper aftermarket? I prefer the chrome running bars anyways. I'm just kind of mad that 1. he never calls me back. and 2. I WANT running boards or bars.

Please tell me I can find some chrome running bars or boards for cheaper than the factory sells them for.

Also, how easy are they to put on myself? Do I have to drill holes or any major work?

Old 10-09-2003, 07:25 PM
Who's The Boss

BigJim,

For the price of these trucks, I don't think a change like you requested should be cause for concern by the dealer. In fact he should hop on it as it costs him nothing but a phone call or some computer time. How it gets processed by the factory is another issue, the bigger the mass the harder it is to change direction so depending on timing it may not be able to be done.

Interestingly enough, I wanted chromed bars, but knew they were "late delivery", so I ordered black. I will know how well my dealer is treating me if he can get me swapped out at some later date. MHM (many happy miles)!

Old 10-09-2003, 07:51 PM
He has no desire to try to help me out. Is it because I am getting D-plan? Or is it because since the day I ordered it, I've added 3 options?

And it's not like I can just tell him to shove it. I WANT MY TRUCK!! I am just wondering about the cost of aftermarket bars.

Old 10-09-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by BigJim
He has no desire to try to help me out. Is it because I am getting D-plan? Or is it because since the day I ordered it, I've added 3 options?

And it's not like I can just tell him to shove it. I WANT MY TRUCK!! I am just wondering about the cost of aftermarket bars.
Neither, he's just an *** . Ask to deal with someone else from the Dealership. Just because you placed an order with him dosen't mean you have to deal with him and put up with that crap. It wouldn't hurt you to write a letter to the Manager (or above) AFTER you get your truck. Explain to them that his customer service skills could use some tweaking.

My .02

Last edited by fatboy0103@cox.; 10-09-2003 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:35 PM
I played that game with my salesman too. I got fed up with whole dealership and went to another. Originally ordered a truck for $200 over invoice and ended up finding one for $200 below. Check around, maybe you'll find one like you ordered somewhere else.

Scott

Old 10-09-2003, 11:33 PM
BigJim

I found this link in the aftermarket thread.

http://www.fordpartsnetwork.com/catalog/2004_F150/

There were some bars listed in there. Perhaps there were more links in that thread with bars that I missed. I'm sure if you do some Google searches you will find some more.

Personally, I always try to give my money to someone who deserves it. Just my 2 cents . . . Good Luck.

Old 10-10-2003, 01:45 AM
Hey Big JIm,

Not sure where Beale AFB is exactly, but if you are close to North HIlls Go to Galpin Motors and Ask for William Massenaut. He is a great salesman and won't give you any bull. I wish I would have had the patience to wait until they got the truck I wanted but....He sold me my other F150 Screws. If he isn't there I would give someone else there a shot...just my .02 .

Trending Topics

Old 10-10-2003, 02:07 AM
I'm not sure where North Hills is, but I'm near Sacramento. The only problem is, I got a D-plan pin number from my brother who no longer works at Ford. (He works for Chevy now.) My pin is still good though for up to a year, but it is locked in at that dealership. Plus my truck is built already, and I can't stand to wait any longer. Also, my grandfather buys his cars from this same guy and seems to like him. So I THINK I am just an annoying customer that calls every week asking for updates on the status of my truck (and the occasional option addition ). I think I am just going to get in, sign the paperwork, and GTF OUT!!!!

Old 10-10-2003, 02:27 AM
i gotcha, do what you gotta do....good luck

Old 10-10-2003, 07:55 PM
OMG!!! I don't believe it!! He actually knows what my phone number is!!! He called me today to tell me my truck should be here on the 17th but that he was going to call someone on Monday to find out exactly where it is. Maybe he reads these forums.

Originally posted by green21
good luck
Thanks GREEN21!!!

Old 10-10-2003, 09:09 PM
A little slack for the dealer ?

As XCR has reported and in my own experience FORD does not do a very good or consistent job of communicating with either its customers or its dealers.

My truck "just showed up" one day. There were no dates in the computer system after the build date. And they had another truck delivered the same day, the same way.

Not a lot of slack just a little.

Old 10-11-2003, 01:47 AM
Glad to hear it Big Jim!!

Quick Reply: My salesman doesn't know how to dial a phone number.