2004 - 2008 F-150

Would Like Some Advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 02:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would Like Some Advice

HEY GUYS I HAVE A 04 XLT SUPERCAB WITH TOW PACK AND RUNNING BOARDS ON ORDER AND WOULD LIKE SOME ADVICE.

1. I WANT TO PUT 20'' OR 22'' WHEELS ON THE TRUCK BUT AM NOT SURE IF THIS IS A GOOD IDEA(MILEAGE, ENGINE OR SUSPENSION DAMAGE).

2. IS RHINO LINER OR ANY SPRAY ON LINER A GOOD IDEA.

3. I ORDERED THE SIX DISC IN DASH CD PLAYER. ON THE FORD SITE IT WAS LISTED AS KENWOOD BUT THE PROGRAM I ORDERED MY TRUCK FROM SAID NO KENWOOD. ANYWAY WHAT EVER BRAND IT IS CAN IT PUSH AN AMPLIFIER OR SHOULD I CANCEL THE FACTORY RADIO AND GET AN AFTER MARKET.

HELP!

Old 10-01-2003, 08:40 AM
I have listened to the Audiphile systems in several trucks.....I think it stinks. The sound quality at low levels is ok....but if you want to listen to music loud and have any sort of sound quality then I would go aftermarket all the way.. Like an Alpine 9813 is an excellent head unit. The 9815 is as well just has more bells and whistles. This is obviously my opinion and i am not saying that anyone made a bad choice by buying the audiophile system, I just believe it is more hype than actual product...

Old 10-01-2003, 10:17 AM
I don't think the Audiophile is that bad. I actually like it... and for my needs, it will do just fine. I guess it depends on what you really want out of your system.

I've been researching spray-on bedliners for a while and am leaning towared Line-X, at the moment. I think spray-on's can be very beneficial, but again, it depends on your needs (and wants).

One of our forum pals, Brewmaster, is running some chemical and strength tests on samples of various liners and reporting the results to us so we can choose the best one for our trucks.

Here's the link to where the findings will be reported. From these results alone, I WILL NOT PUT A RHINO IN MY TRUCK.

Old 10-01-2003, 11:01 AM
Welcome to the forum Lou!

Your question about larger wheels depends largely on what size tire you choose. With low profile tires, you could (in some cases) actually reduce the diameter from stock height. Conversely, if you go with a closer to the stock aspect ratio on 20" or 22" wheels, then you will be increasing overall tire height from stock. In general, you are not going to "damage" your suspension, but anytime you do change the diameter of the tire, it will affect the final drive ratio, which does change the mileage and performance characteristics. The new F-150 has huge wheel openings and will easily accomodate some pretty big tires.

Read more about tires on this thread.

Count me as a fan of sprayed in bed liners.

As for the audio system being "audiophile", well that sorta depends on what your standards for audio are. While it is 'decent' for a factory offering, it falls well short of the Mark Levinson "audiophile" system that is optional on a Lexus. That system is better than 95% of what most people have in their homes. With the noise floor of the new trucks being so low, I would love to hear a true audiophile system in the new F-150.

By the way Lou, TYPING IN ALL CAPS IS CONSIDERED SHOUTING! Would please turn off your cap lock?

Quick Reply: Would Like Some Advice