2004 - 2008 F-150

1 st Mod ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 04:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1 st Mod ?

A new garage door! I sit here in Southern Maryland waiting for
the power to go while Isabell begins to rage outside.

My new Scab Lariat sits safely in the garage but it just squeezed through the 7 foot 8 inch doors with the rear view mirrors folded in.

In order to move in and out on a daily basis this winter I am going to have to have the 2 single doors replaced with 1 double wide door. This will be an expensive "mod".

I worried about "garage-ability" due to length but I have several feet to spare there. Never though about width.

Here is hoping all F-150s in Isabell's path do ok, even more hoping for all the people. Sit tight!

Old 09-18-2003, 05:49 PM
Re: 1 st Mod ?

Originally posted by jstevens
My new Scab Lariat sits safely in the garage but it just squeezed through the 7 foot 8 inch doors with the rear view mirrors folded in.
Are you serious? the truck is 7'-8" wide with the mirrors folded IN?

Whoa, I'm gonna be doing that mod with you, bro. My garage door is only 8' wide and I can't see myself wanting to fold the mirrors in every time I park it.

My current 2000 s/cab fits width-wise with about 3" to spare on each side, and the mirrors in their normal position.

Old 09-18-2003, 05:50 PM
My mirrors clear by about 3" on each side. Will have to pay attention in backing out especially. Hoped the 1st mod would be on your truck and not it's house. Be safe thru the storm.

Old 09-18-2003, 06:17 PM
Here's a pretty niffty opener for that new garage.
http://www.wayne-dalton.com/WhatsNew...New_idrive.asp

Old 09-18-2003, 07:24 PM
So exactly how wide is the truck from edge of mirror to edge of mirror (with them not folded in of course)? The brochure says the overall width is 78.9 inches. I'm assuming that does not include the mirrors. Since my garage door is only 96 inches wide, it may be a tight fit. I'll find out in 3 weeks or so when my truck arrives.

Old 09-22-2003, 08:42 AM
Other end hit!

House got some storm damage but at the other end. Truck ok!

Width is confusing. There is a bit of inward slope from the widest area either at the tires or at mid-higth. The mirrors extend 14 inches each (28 total) from the body open and a total of 14 inches when folded in.

With the mirrors folded I just cleared the 92 inch by maybe 2 inches on each side. That 78.9 inches does not include the mirrors imho.

Old 09-22-2003, 05:54 PM
I wonder why Ford didn't offer power folding sideview mirrors as an option. Perhaps it's because all of the members on the design team have oversized garages in their custom homes.

Quick Reply: 1 st Mod ?