2004 - 2008 F-150

little known gem?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
little known gem?

I don't know if many of you all know about this site but I stumbled across it this weekend.

Go to www.fordvehicles.com and click the link to "search dealers inventory".

Enter your Zip code and vehicle you want to search for, then on the next screen click the dealer you want to check.

Next you get a near real time listing of what the dealer has in stock (including VIN's, window sticker, msrp, etc).

It is really quite usefull and has kept be from bugging the dealership.

Regards,
David

Old 09-18-2003, 02:00 PM
Ya, it's a nice tool.

But, I've noticed my local dealership not having some of the trucks they list as in inventory.

Old 09-18-2003, 02:13 PM
yeah, i prefer to call dealers and see what they have. that inventory list is usually a few days old, but definately a useful tool.

Old 09-18-2003, 02:59 PM
This thing is Very unaccurate. It showed my local dealer have 7 trucks. I went there and he had 1..... I think you can use it to see what's potentially on the way though..

Old 09-18-2003, 03:36 PM
Too bad you can't type in the style of truck you are looking for and do a search to find the nearest one to match your inquiry.
I have a list of zips that I use. Very time consuming. Plus due to our waiting frustrations, we wouldn't mind driving an hour or two to get what we want.

Old 09-18-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by 97cobraguy
Too bad you can't type in the style of truck you are looking for and do a search to find the nearest one to match your inquiry.
I have a list of zips that I use. Very time consuming. Plus due to our waiting frustrations, we wouldn't mind driving an hour or two to get what we want.
Yup, I have thought the same thing.

I catch myself checking dealer after dealer looking for a Lariat 4x4 SuperCrew.

David

Old 09-18-2003, 07:52 PM
forddirect.com inventory

I went to a dealership last night looking to see a specific truck that forddirect.com claimed they had. When I got there, they did not have the truck and said they expected it in a few days. Perhaps the website is updated when the new trucks are shipped to a location rather than when they are delivered. Seems like a stupid system . . . although there is probably only a problem with guys like us who check it 39 times a day and drive to the dealership as soon as its listed.

Trending Topics

Old 09-18-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by 97cobraguy
If you go fordvehicles.com you should be able to build the truck you want and then search the dealer inventories for a matching truck. After I build one I do the search and then look for something in the same price range. Once you get something close in price you can compare yours to the one in the inventory. The search will mark the differences....

Check it out

Old 09-18-2003, 09:47 PM
Cool

I have been looking for a two-tone painted truck here int he valley of the sun AZ.....Toredor red with AZ beige

I did a new truck build at fordvehicles.com wed evening and I will dipped if there was the exact truck in Apache Junction at Susperstition Ford.

Only difference was the truck in AJ had 3.73 gears and I spec'd out the 3.55 posi..

the wife and I will ride the scoot out and look at it tomorrow. Supposidly the truck is still there.

Quick Reply: little known gem?