2004 - 2008 F-150

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 05:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What would you do?

My Scab Lariat, built 7/17, LightningKid reports no subsequent Ford System Info. Dealer can provide no other info.

Is this thing some giant LEMON when they won't deliver 7 weeks after the build date? When the dealer has delivered similar trucks over a week ago that were ordered much later?

Would you trust in Ford Quality (at this point)?
Cancel the order?
Demand compensation?
Or?

Thanks

Old 09-04-2003, 06:09 PM
I know you're disgusted, I would be likewise. Before forums like this we would never know there was a problem. Before I took this truck, I would have to know all of the changes/repairs that were done to it. It is quite possible they are building you another truck and scraping the one that is built. Check your VIN when it comes in. I don't know why no one can find out what the holdup is for a definitive answer to clear the air.

Old 09-04-2003, 07:00 PM
Why cancel the order? You don't have to buy anything. Even if you were going to go to a different dealer and order another one, it still doesn't mean that you have to buy either of them. I ordered two trucks because my first dealer tried to rip me off. And believe me, I only bought one.

Old 09-04-2003, 08:50 PM
Don't worry, I just got one built about the same time. I already had three that were built way after that. Ford has a great habbit of building units and holding them, but forgetting to leave isles in the parking lots. So they have to ship all the later build units to even get to the first built ones. I bet it will show up soon.

As to status, Ford isn't posting status on these trucks. The later builds get ETA and such, but the early ones seem to be stuck in TBD status. The one I got today (early build) still says TBD for delivery date.

Old 09-04-2003, 10:13 PM
Thanks guys

Bigsherm77 is the gut who ordered well after I did from the same dealer and got his 10 days ago!

XCR440SP - as you are a dealer I especially value your advice.

I will particular take note of Boatmanbuzz's advice and ask for the details in writing from the dealer.

"Its just that all the kids (aka, friends, nieghbors, relatives, co-workers, Chevvy-lovers, etc) keep teasing me.