2004 - 2008 F-150

Bed Covers/Caps Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 11:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bed Covers/Caps Recommendations?

Hello folks,

Have a Lariat SCrew on order and was wondering if I should fit it with a Bed Cover or Cap or nothing at all. I ordered it with a bed liner. Does anyone have an opinion as to what would be my best move here. I don't plan on doing alot of hauling. Also, would I have to remove the plastic protectors that come on the truck to fit a Cap or Cover on it? I like the looks of a hard (assuming they're fiberglass) cap on the back but not sure how practical they are when it comes to keeping them clean...isn't washing them a pain? Appreciate your replies...

Old 09-02-2003, 12:07 PM
are makes a fiberglass cover that covers up the plastic bed rails. they look really good.

Old 09-02-2003, 12:20 PM
Thanks footwart...I just checked their website and I like how the LS II Series looks. They even model it on a 2004 Lariat SCrew...thanks again.

Old 09-02-2003, 06:31 PM
I have had an Extang soft tonneau on my truck for the past 3 years. I don't haul tall stuff very often, but when I need to it's a lot easier to roll it up, than to take a fiberglass one off. Has held up pretty good so far, and haven't removed it for winter once. But if you roll it up when it's cool outside you can't roll it back. Other than that I like it and plan to buy another when I get an 04 or 05.

Old 09-02-2003, 06:36 PM
can't go wrong with a cap. Very rare you will haul anything taller than it.

Bed rails can stay put. It seems that most manufacturers have the 2004 specs and accessories are already available. So like you said... look at the pics and go from there.

Quick Reply: Bed Covers/Caps Recommendations?