2004 - 2008 F-150

Engine Noise & Tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 11:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine Noise & Tires

I'm getting the 04' FX4 and intend to put a lift and some better all-terrain tires on it. I'm a BIG fan of noise (haha) and I know Ford is advertising the 04' as being quieter, but I think they only said quieter inside the cabin. For that have an 04' all ready or have heard one, how loud is the engine, especially when pounding on the gas? Does it have a resonator on it? I need the noise!

Finally, what are the best all-terrain tires and, yes, I don't mind the hum of the tires (in fact I like the hum better). Nothing beats roaring down the highway with a loud engine and the hum of tires below ya

Old 08-31-2003, 03:25 AM
They engine noise is as expected from a v8 but the cab is well insulated. If you want more noise, open the window. Your also gonna need a new exhaust becase the stock one is pretty tame. I don't know about a resonator.

Get some super swampers and you'll get a nice tire hum.

Old 08-31-2003, 03:15 PM
Well I didn't mean hearing the engine when I'm inside the truck. On the inside I need to hear my music what i do want though is that for those on the outside i dont exactly want the engine and exhaust to be 'tame'. trucks need to make their presence know... i dont see why manufacturers are so interested in making the engines quieter... screw the general public and noise pollution!!! mwahahahaha.... big truck needs big engine = lots of noise... if you want a quiet truck get a toyota...

Quick Reply: Engine Noise & Tires