2004 - 2008 F-150

for those who already have theirs...

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 12:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for those who already have theirs...

I read in my owners manual that the center console on the flow through has disignated storage areas for a pda, a pen, and cassete and cd holders inside the armrest. When I open my armrest I basically have one big storage area. There are some coin holders on the side and a tissue holder on the lid, but that's it. Am I missing something? Also, my jack is located under the rear passanger side seat in my supercab. It is covered by some gray fabric. Does yours have a hard plastic cover? I remember seeing on on a truck at a dealer but mine doesn't have it. If I'm missing pieces, its just another reason for me to hate Koon's ford.

Old 08-29-2003, 05:30 PM
Thats the way my XLT Super Cab came also.

Old 08-29-2003, 05:54 PM
Ditto for my Lariat. I'm going to post some interior photos along with pics of the dash at night - puurrdy!

The black plastic "cover" you saw is the subwoofer for the Audiophile system, I think. It is on the left and the jack is on the right side.

~~~^~~~ Fins to the Left!

Old 08-29-2003, 06:11 PM
That sucks, man. They could at least have put some dividers in.

Coin holders - oooooooh. My 2002 has the coin holders, what a joke. I mean in Canada you'd think it would hold loonies and toonies, casue that all they take at the coin-op parking lots. But instead it hold quarters, dimes, and NICKELS! Do you know just how useless a Canadian nickel is? If there are any parking meters left that still take nickels it would buy you about 30 seconds worth of time.

Well at least I'm ready for the disappoinment in the armrest storage when my truck finally gets here.

I tested a Dodge Ram that even had a 12V outlet in the armrest compartment so that you could charge up your cell phone in there.

Old 08-29-2003, 09:55 PM
two things

1. Why does the manual say that the armrests have cd, tape, and pen holders?

2. Mine has a fourth coin holder. I filled my quarters, nickels, and dimes, but there is a fourth slot that doesn't seem to fit any coin, unless it is that gold $1 coin that nobody has. Anyone know what this is for?

Old 08-29-2003, 10:25 PM
Jack Cover

I've seen 3 Lariats in the last 2 weeks and 2 of them had the fabric cover over the jack and the other had the plastic. The plastic looked much better, don't know why they have changed. The plastic cover was on the first one I saw which had an earlier build date so I'm assuming that the cloth will now be the standard.

Old 08-29-2003, 10:32 PM
Based on my wifes 03 Expedition. You may find this hard to believe but if its the same layout they hold pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters in value order. So to answer your question, Its probably a penny (Yes, a penny) holder.

Old 08-30-2003, 03:47 AM
It looks too big to be a penny holder but I could be wrong. I didn't really think that they would actually put a PENNY holder in a car.

I'm going to call my dealer and see if I can get the plastic cover for the jack and why mine didn't come with it in the first place.

Old 08-30-2003, 03:55 AM
Man Bigsherm your a f'n genius! I never new what the heck to make of the what now I know is a tissue holder located in the lid of my center console. Thanks, guess i will go out and buy some tissues now. Doh! I feel so stupid.

Old 08-30-2003, 05:03 AM
A tissue holder?! Ive always wondered what that thing in my lid was for. It all makes sense now.

Old 08-30-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by bigsherm77
It looks too big to be a penny holder but I could be wrong.
Too big? like big enough for a loonie maybe? Loonies are somewhat bigger than quarters.

Old 08-30-2003, 03:42 PM
I have cd's in the tissue holder in my truck because thats what I thought it was for until I read the manual. Pennies definately do not fit, it is for a larger coin. I have no idea what a looney is, so maybe its a looney holder. I've always wanted one of them.

Old 08-30-2003, 06:30 PM
Being from New Hampshire and having toll roads it may be for holding tokens for the tolls. Tokens are the same size or very close to the size of quarters. Perhaps that is what it is for?

For those who do not know what toll roads and tokens are:

Instead of a tax on fuel the have toll boths on the turnpikes (freeways). You drive down the road at 55 - 65mph and come upon them so often. You stop and pay a price (toll) for driving on the turnpike, could be 50 cents, dollar all depends.

If you use the turnpikes often you can buy tokens. Look like slugs with the states name on it or what ever goofy crap they decide to put on it.

For example if I use real money one of the toll's is 50 cents. However I can buy a roll of tokens for $5 that is equal to $10 in cash if I was using cash. Only good for the toll roads, don't work in vending machines etc.

That is why I am suggesting it may be for tokens...

Old 08-30-2003, 10:27 PM
Northern Pesos - relative sizes

Old 08-30-2003, 11:39 PM
This has got to be the funniest thread I've read in here.

Quick Reply: for those who already have theirs...