2004 - 2008 F-150

Question for the board

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 02:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question for the board

I am a new poster and couldn't stand lurking around any longer. I ordered my 04 F150 in May. Silver/ dark shadow grey FX4 with 18" wheels and black interior with console shifter. I have a VIN# and my dealer says it has been built. My question is since I ordered so early ( before "The Bracket" was discovered) do you guys think my truck is sitting on that huge storage lot? I know that dealers are getting in trucks now. Why is Ford stock piling these trucks?? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Old 08-14-2003, 04:15 PM
I would assume your truck is sitting with the rest of the stock piled trucks somewhere. They're holding them for quality assurance puropses to ensure everything is OK when they're released.

Old 08-14-2003, 04:22 PM
Just be happy yours is built. I ordered mine at the end of June and I still don't have a build date. It's driving me insane.

Old 08-14-2003, 04:28 PM
I agree... I ordered mine 7/11 and I'm going nuts !!! It seems like this is NEVER gonna happen and it's very annoying. JUST GIVE US OUR TRUCKS ALREADY !!!

I'm sure it'll be worth the wait when we can finally drive our truck home, but getting to that point is excruciating !!!

Old 08-14-2003, 05:17 PM
I drove one yesterday and the manager said they were ready to sell to the public. I think the hold is over. There were people waiting in line to drive the truck. It was a '04 lariat 2wd. It drove sooooooo good and rode sooooo good. I'm going to order one soon. FX4 supercab flareside either silver or red two tone. Good luck with your orders

Old 08-14-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by mikey88
I drove one yesterday and the manager said they were ready to sell to the public. I think the hold is over. There were people waiting in line to drive the truck. It was a '04 lariat 2wd. It drove sooooooo good and rode sooooo good. I'm going to order one soon. FX4 supercab flareside either silver or red two tone. Good luck with your orders
So were you impressed with the LOOK of the truck?? I saw an XL 2x4 and I was very disappointed! I know it's the cheepest model, but it got me a little scared!

Old 08-14-2003, 05:36 PM
Maybe we'll all get ours soon and be happy. I'll post pics as soon as I get mine and give a full detailed report, including my personalized off road mud test. Thanks for the input.

Trending Topics

Old 08-14-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by purty_2004
So were you impressed with the LOOK of the truck?? I saw an XL 2x4 and I was very disappointed! I know it's the cheepest model, but it got me a little scared!
I saw a XLT 4X4 supercab, and was not impressed. It is a nice looking truck, but the interior does not seem to flow well, or give a "full" feeling, kind of like boxes stacked next to each other, just seems like way to many straight lines. Shifter on the steering wheel, radio looks plain compared to the 97-03 models.

I think all the interior pictures floating around, at least the ones I seen are of the Lariat which is top of the line. The seats in this one where just kind of there, nothing impressive, and in my opinion, only sitting in it a few minutes and looking at it the fabric/cloth seats looked cheaper then the fabric/cloth seats now in the F150.

I really want to see a Lariat to see if it looks as good as the pictures. The only one I have seen in person does not look as good as the pictures.

Quick Reply: Question for the board