2004 - 2008 F-150

Droolin' In Memphis

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 08:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Droolin' In Memphis

I have lurked long enough at this site and today decided it was time to register and post today's events. By the way, I have been excited for some time about the F150 redesign and see a new truck in my near future.

Today I was running errands and passed the Ford dealership in Millington, Tenn. (a northern suburb of Memphis). Something caught my eye on the lot and I found myself making the block and coming upon a 2004 Bright Red/Arizona Beige F150 Lariat Screw. Unfortunately I did not have a camera with me because I would enjoy visually sharing the coolest stock, production truck I have seen.

According to the sales manager the truck was on the lot for just one day and his staff was not allowed to give test drives. Still, that didn't stop me from gawking at the truck for a good 10 minutes. I'm sure the detail crew was going to have its hands full cleaning off the drool both inside and out.

The truck had the flow through console with tan leather interior. The images posted on this site don't do the interior justice. I was impressed with the wood appliqué insets and had no idea there were appliqués were on the doors as well. It was a nice touch which brought everything together. The drink holders were in an odd location next to the shifter as has been mentioned on this site but I found another drink holder on the door. I think I can find a place for my Dr. Pepper.

I have not committed to an exterior color but the red/beige combination was awesome. The truck is definitely an eye-opener. I believe there are a lot of folks who are going to enjoy their new F150s on arrival and I am jealous of all 60,000 of you who have already placed orders.

Do have one question from my experience today.

On arrival I walked into the showroom and headed for the sales manager's tower. I asked the guy in the tower if the dealership had any of the new brochures detailing the 2004. He told me that they did not have any brochures and wouldn't have any nor pricing until September. No brochures? No pricing? I am very nonconfrontational and I didn't have the heart to tell him I have been building F150s online at forddirect.com a couple weeks now.

So I am wondering ... was this guy just uninformed or for some reason was he lying to me? Just thought I wouldd ask for a little input. I don't know what there was to gain from not being truthful but I have had salesmen and sales managers lie to my face in the past. As I finished my chores today it kinda chapped my hide knowing that some of you have picked up brochures from dealers and there are several sites in addition to Ford listing prices. As has been mentioned time and time again here, believe it is in my best interest to work with dealerships' internet guys to find the best deal possible.

I believe it is important to be as well-informed about this kind of purchase as possible. And I want to thank everyone for the valuable information posted on this site. Looking forward to reading about life in new F150s on our nation's highways and byways in the near future.

Last edited by KATMANDO; 08-09-2003 at 08:34 PM.
Old 08-09-2003, 10:38 PM
I really have to believe the guy was just misinformed. I can't see why anyone would lie about not having the books and the pricing. If you stop by again you may want to ask someone else.

Old 08-10-2003, 07:58 AM
is it still there?

Katmado - I see that you posted this message on Sunday morn, do you think that new f150 will be there today?(sunday). I am assuming you saw it yesterday. I am in bartlett so I was going to run up today and peek at it. The Ford dealer on Navy road right?.
Thanks,

Fuel90

Old 08-10-2003, 09:42 AM
Fuel, I don't know if the truck will be on the lot today (Sunday) or not. The folks there said it was being used to give area sales staff's a first look as well as test drives. I was thinking about driving back over there again today just to see for myself if it was on the lot.

And thanks for your input XLT ... I too can't see what he had to gain.

Old 08-10-2003, 12:11 PM
04 brochures

A Dealer in PA gave me a brochure on 8/7 after a nice ride in a new 04 FX4. He said he was not instructed to give them out yet, but he keeps baiting me to stay with him with these little "personal favors".

Old 08-10-2003, 12:27 PM
I had no problem getting a a brochure. Wait he gave it to me after I orderd a truck.

Mitch

Quick Reply: Droolin' In Memphis