2004 - 2008 F-150

Saw One On The Road Today

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw One On The Road Today

I had the thrill of seeing a white Lariat SuperCrew sitting on the left side of an offramp for I-10 this morning. It had a trailer behind it so I didn't realize what it was until I was even with the truck. Of course I backed up to check it out. Noticing the hazzard lights flashing and nobody in the drivers seat, I said great, it must have broke down. As I approached, I heard that the engine was running. After looking inside and seeing nobody up front, I finally noticed somebody lying in the back seat sleeping-crazy I thought. No telling what this person was doing sleeping on the side of an interstate off ramp in an 04 F-150! The truck had lots of "Built Ford Tough" decals plastered on it so it had to have been going to a show somewhere. I also failed to notice what state the license tags were from. Anyhow, it sure is a beautiful truck.
My office sits on the corner of the interstate and a major road in Tallahassee. About an hour after arriving at work, I saw the same truck drive by going back towards Interstate 10. Anybody have any idea if this is a truck going to a show or what it could have been?

Old 07-18-2003, 06:39 PM
I can't wait to see on in person. What about the interior?

Old 07-19-2003, 07:52 AM
The interior looked very sharp but I only got to look at it for less than five seconds before I noticed the guy sleeping in the back seat. I kind of backed off after that not knowing how he would react to someone peering inside of his running truck. There are two Ford dealers here in town, I thought I would drive by both today to see if this truck is possibly on display.
I still think this is such a weird situation and wonder why this guy would be sleeping on the side of the road like this. Another strange thing, the trailer he was pulling looked like it had the Dodge symbol on the back. No telling.
This truck has really got me excited as it was identical, except I want monotone paint, to what I want- a white Lariat Supercrew.

Old 07-19-2003, 10:42 AM
That truck was most likely going to a Ford Dealer / "Ride & Drive".

Old 07-19-2003, 11:40 AM
I saw a silver supercrew pulling a trailer with ford decals all over it. He was pulling a weird looking trailer with fluid in it. It may have been water I couldn't tell. He was doing 80+ on I-10 going thru alabama towards florida. I followed him in my '03 expy for about 1 hour. The truck looked good on the highway. I noticed it had the lariat front end, but the badge said xlt 5.4 3v. I thing they were just road testing it across the country, but that's just a guess

Old 07-19-2003, 01:24 PM
Which way was is heading, East or West? They had a "Ride and Drive" here in Jacksonville on Tuesday of this week, that I thought that I would be able to get to drive one. I had got a card in the mail stating that I had a chance to be able to drive one, and that they would let me know if I was selected. But I never heard back from them, so I didn't go. Maybe it was coming from here.

Old 07-19-2003, 02:59 PM
Here in Tallahassee when I saw him he was heading west on I-10 and probably was coming from Jax. I know absolutely nothing about car mechanics so I don't know what to call the things, but this trailer was carrying about five wheelbases. Sound right?

Quick Reply: Saw One On The Road Today