2004 - 2008 F-150

Production Week ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 04:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Production Week ?

My dealer emailed me today:

"As of this AM update from Ford, your order has a tentative build week of July 14. My information is that we will be on a much slower ramp up than previous releases. So right now there is no way to accurately pinpoint ETA here."

Just passing on the info I get.

How long does it take to actually build a vehicle?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This just in a little later:

"According to my dealer rep Norfolk is already producing 04's in limited numbers for testing purposes. This testing program meets a number of criteria both in getting the plant set up for quantity production and to give Ford test and show vehicles. Early production unit may go through a thorough quality inspection process but not " a testing process". At least that is what I am told." from my dealer.

Last edited by jstevens; 05-02-2003 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-02-2003, 06:25 PM
I think that the plants are going to be holding all vehicles untill a certain number has been built. I think that will be the limiting factory of delivery, not the actual build date.

Old 05-02-2003, 10:13 PM
On "another" F-150 site that I visit periodically, there are two people on the forum that state they work at assembly plants, one at Norfolk, and the other at Kansas City.

Both of them have been saying that they are building '04's. The guy at Norfolk has just said they build several a day, and the guy at Kansas City has said around 12 a day between 2nd and 3rd shift.

I have no way to confirm this, just telling you what these two guys have posted.

Old 05-02-2003, 10:46 PM

I work at the Ford plant in Kansas City and we have been building test vehicles for the past few months. We are currently in our last run to where engineers can make any small changes needed. By late May, early June we will start to integrate more and more 2004's into the current builds until July shutdown. after that, It should be all 2004's by late July. Keep in mind that they will hold thousands upon thousands of trucks before releasing them to dealers. I wouldn't expect them in dealers showrooms until maybe late August or early September at the earliest.

Old 05-02-2003, 11:11 PM
screwbuilder, please hang around this forum for the next couple of months, lol. I have a supercrew lariat 4wd on order and i might have a few q's later on. I work at a dealership and i keep checking to see if i have a vin yet. I had a friend that was getting a 02 tbird a couple of years ago, and he found a guy on blueovalnews that worked at his assembly plant and actually told him when his car was built. What part of the plant do you work in?

Old 05-04-2003, 03:31 PM
kidtriton

I work in the trim department. I actually work on the box line right after they get out of paint. I am amazed at how much taller the new boxes are. People who complain about the length of the box on the supercrew will like the fact the the new one is much taller. Let me know the VIN and I can find out the production date, but remember it will be late July at the earliest.

Old 05-05-2003, 06:44 AM
thanks a million

im still waiting on a vin

Quick Reply: Production Week ?