1997 - 2003 F-150

Theft light code 16, but it starts

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2023, 06:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Theft light code 16, but it starts

So I've scoured the net and can't find a match for my situation. I just got my truck back from the shop and I've got a blinking theft light that then shows a code 16. After a bit, the theft light stops blinking. There's no "-------------" in the odometer, just the blinking theft light. HEC DTCs are d262 and d147.

Background: I have a procharger on the truck and stated having problems with it starting (extended crank). Ultimately the shop decided it was a bad computer. Swapped the computer, the shop reprogrammed the keys to the new computer, sent the truck to the tuner to have the custom tune installed due to the procharger. Tuner says he removed the PATS from the tune because it causes so many issues. After picking up the truck I tell him about the flashing theft light and he says since it eventually goes out, it's no big deal since it starts and runs no problem. But I want to understand what's going on.

Could the fact the PATS was tuned out of the PCM be causing the flashing light? Or do I have another problem? I removed the PCM relay and it won't start and I get "-------------" in the odometer. But I put the relay back in and the truck starts no problem, there's no "-------------" but the theft light still shows a code 16. Any ideas?

-mike
2003 F-150 XLT Supercrew 5.4L
Procharger P1SC, 6lb boost

Last edited by Chewey; 02-03-2023 at 06:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Theft light code 16, but it starts