1997 - 2003 F-150

Pats Issue and quick Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2022, 12:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Pats Issue and quick Question

2003 f150 supercrew v8 4.6l. After battling with a stupid code for evap circuit A code and being told the driver in pcm was bad I replaced pcm. Well purchased new keys and locksmith says he was unable to program them due to unklnown electrical issue. My expensive mechanic said to put the old pcm in and drive it to him for a diagnosis. After doing so the truck is in theft mode and cranks with non start. The usual. The theft light blinks code 12. My scanner says the only codes are b1428, b1213, and p1260. My question is should I just have another locksmnith reprogram the old key and a new key to the old pcm? Or will it be a waste of money and not work as the other locksmith said? I need to get truck running again as it is my livelihood and how I feed my children like the rest of us. Please lend some knowledge and expertise but most importantly ADVICE! Thanks so much

Old 02-16-2022, 06:51 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Gator
2003 f150 supercrew v8 4.6l. After battling with a stupid code for evap circuit A code and being told the driver in pcm was bad I replaced pcm. Well purchased new keys and locksmith says he was unable to program them due to unklnown electrical issue. My expensive mechanic said to put the old pcm in and drive it to him for a diagnosis. After doing so the truck is in theft mode and cranks with non start. The usual. The theft light blinks code 12. My scanner says the only codes are b1428, b1213, and p1260. My question is should I just have another locksmnith reprogram the old key and a new key to the old pcm? Or will it be a waste of money and not work as the other locksmith said? I need to get truck running again as it is my livelihood and how I feed my children like the rest of us. Please lend some knowledge and expertise but most importantly ADVICE! Thanks so much

for starters stop making modifications without researching

have the truck towed to the nearest dealer who can program the ecm and pats

it won’t be cheap but the fastest way at this point

Quick Reply: Pats Issue and quick Question