1997 - 2003 F-150

Wiring diagram for pcm switched power- 2001 supercrew 5.4L

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2021, 09:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiring diagram for pcm switched power- 2001 supercrew 5.4L

Anyone happen to have a wiring diagram for the Pcm's power wire that comes from the relay in the under hood fuse box? I have 12v coming into the pcm relay but somewhere along the wire from the fuse box to the pcm's ignition controlled power wires something is causing a voltage drop down to 7 or 8 volts. Pcm will not boot properly causing the anti theft light problem and causing the fuel pump to run continuously with the key on. I ran a wire from the battery positive to the switched wires going into the pcm as well as where the relay gets the power to send to it and it booted up properly and everything functions as it should. Theres 2 ign switched wires going into the pcm so I'd like to see where they come from before just running my own wire for it. Sorry if ones been posted already but I couldn't seem to find anything, any help is appreciated, thanks.

Old 07-05-2021, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by Prime420
Anyone happen to have a wiring diagram for the Pcm's power wire that comes from the relay in the under hood fuse box? I have 12v coming into the pcm relay but somewhere along the wire from the fuse box to the pcm's ignition controlled power wires something is causing a voltage drop down to 7 or 8 volts. Pcm will not boot properly causing the anti theft light problem and causing the fuel pump to run continuously with the key on. I ran a wire from the battery positive to the switched wires going into the pcm as well as where the relay gets the power to send to it and it booted up properly and everything functions as it should. Theres 2 ign switched wires going into the pcm so I'd like to see where they come from before just running my own wire for it. Sorry if ones been posted already but I couldn't seem to find anything, any help is appreciated, thanks.
or if someone happens to know where it goes or if anything else ties into it that would be a big help even. First time working on one of this generation, have only ever owned aeronose f150s so am learning with this one lol

Old 07-13-2021, 06:33 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Check your 30 amp fuse under the dash (should be the one on the bottom far right side and the 5v ones there first and make sure they are good. The diode to the PCM has to have power and that fuse feeds it and a few other fuses. The relay will have power on one lug at all times but needs the other power to make the PCM work. I will get back later if you still need help as I am very busy at the moment.

Old 07-13-2021, 07:22 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
If it is still up go here and download the Ford shop manual I have stored online for people to download. On the top right side is an arrow pointed down to a bracket. Place it where ever you want and look it up as it is about 700MB or bigger.

Old 07-14-2021, 06:55 PM
Hope this helps

Originally Posted by Prime420

Old 07-16-2021, 09:28 PM
Thanks, both of you. Will have to check it over this weekend to see what I can find.

Quick Reply: Wiring diagram for pcm switched power- 2001 supercrew 5.4L