1997 - 2003 F-150

Soapy Suds in Coolant

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 01:23 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Soapy Suds in Coolant

K bought a 98 XL 4x4, for some reason vin check claims a heritage trim dont get it, thought 03 was it... anyhoo the guy had it for 3 years got it from dad in law.. thank God only 3... anyway after getting the rusty mud out of the coolant which is still coming, Ive been observing a non stop sudsy leftover on the suface after running (in resevoir) and after draining (bucket) these suds stay sudsy all night till i get to it again... the reservoir is the worst..

k MY THEORY AFTER TROUBLESHOOTING AND RESEARCH - Ive decided sure the heater core and a lot more is compromised corroded and just cluttered and could use a degreasing which i did lightly out of fear of head gaskets/// that electrolysis had to be kickin...anyhoo my theory after learning his airhead daughter put the only dent in the bed while the rearend was submerged in a wet ditch and he never did anything but but a light and take a happer to the corner, Ive decided one of these idiots maybe even the son stoned out of his mind or the daughter just dingy may have put wiper fluid in this coolant reservoir and either didnt realize or said something and it just wasnt taken serious... an additition to my theory is that the idiot dad may have been bright enough to drain but didnt know that draining doesnt flush. He may have even tried a few times judging by the lack of color to coolant.. just water and rust or its possible they used the wrong orange coolant for a while... nevertheless the suds keep coming and aside from a cleaning of the resevoir i think i should just keep flushing.. NOTE!!!! A little scared to do high pressure flush out of concern for comprimised head gaskets... had white sludge under cap and almost died on the spot with a stroke... has to be condensation.. oil is perfect... no oil in coolant.. also heard hot idle can cause that... oil changes, filter changes fluid changes will all help.. bestline is superior to even lucas in the viscocity dept.. 18 bucks a pint but it resurrected 100hp out of a honda element.

Can someone please help me understand why this wouldnt be wiper soap that accidentally got dumped in the wrong compartment.. or is this common for a thrashed rusty heater core.. Considering the insane electrolysis i might entertain a ball of zinc chained under my reservoir cap

Old 12-26-2018, 07:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it is difficult to say what former owners had done....unless you ask and they happen to fess up to it.
Have your reservoir cap tested or at least checked it maybe bad??
I would agree to keep flushing out the coolant system. It may need several. It also might be good to test the coolant for hydrocarbon gases. This would confirm a faulty head gasket. Has the water pump be replaced??

Quick Reply: Soapy Suds in Coolant