1997 - 2003 F-150

want to run Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 06:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
want to run Nitrous

Hey peeps i got a 99 f150 4.6 2v and i have converted it into a mud bog race truck what i need to know is how to retard the timing 2 degrees in order to run a 125 shot of nos . are there programmers that are available that can do this or a mechanical means. I have an edge cs evolution and the wont write a tune for me . Any insight would be much appreciated?

Old 10-04-2017, 08:58 PM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Look at the MSD 6011 timing controller.
Look at the STEEDA adjustable timing wheel for behind the crank pulley.
You need to have a Scanner on the DLC port to monitor the ignition timing.
Looking for a retard if the knock sensor detects it.
That would tell you that more static retard needs to be dialed in or even more fuel is needed or both.
You need more fuel metered to match the extra Oxygen injested.
That might be done with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and /or higher flow rate injectors.

Don't be surprised if you need to change head gaskets some time before you get it dialed in.
Good luck.

Old 11-05-2017, 08:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
People run a 100, even up to a 125 WET shot on 2v mustangs all day long with zero issues. That is, if it is properly set up. Window switch, bottle heater, pressure switches for nitrous AND fuel, gauges for fuel pressure and nitrous pressure, wideband kit, colder plugs, nitrous controller to make life easier and of course a tuner. Trust me, I had an 03 2v with a good nitrous setup. I still have the nitrous kit, but no more mustang. DO NOT just buy a basic kit and assume thats all you need.