1997 - 2003 F-150

Part no pp-gf30

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 02:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Part no pp-gf30

Hello everyone. New to the forum. Just have a quick question for anyone that can possibly help me out. So I'm working on my 2001 f150 with the 4.2 v6. i have already completed gotten rid of the charcoal canister, egr, and the whole evap system. Last night I was working on cleaning up the engine bay and I noticed the vacuum assist which is part of the egr system (part no. pp-gf30) and I went to remove it. Once I had it out and started disconnecting from the harness and pulling vacuum lines something in the back caught my eye, it looks to be an fpr (not entirely sure) on the fuel rail that has a vacuum line from this assist pump running to the front of it. my question is, is what I'm looking at on the fuel rail a fpr? Or am I mistaken?.. If its not what is it? And if it is am I fine to run it without that vacuum line to the assist pump? I have searched high and low for anything on this and have come up empty handed. Any help anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated, thank you to all who offer a hand.

Old 07-25-2017, 07:36 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
Why are you stripping out all the emissions systems? It's not going to run right if you do and you will have a constant CEL.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
Why are you stripping out all the emissions systems? It's not going to run right if you do and you will have a constant CEL.
it will run fine and it has run fine. Have already tuned the codes out and the files so there is no CEL. Or even any memory of the emissions.