1997 - 2003 F-150

2003 F150 Super Crew 4WD w/6" Fabtech, WHAT FRONT SHOCKS?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 12:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 F150 Super Crew 4WD w/6" Fabtech, WHAT FRONT SHOCKS?!

Hello ladies and gentlemen! This is my first post, and I swear I've already searched the entirety of Google for the answer to this, with almost zero success. Lots of 'Bilstein 5100'...but no part number, and Bilstein's (and every other vendor's) site seems to be useless for this. But I found a thread on this site:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/19...tech-lift.html

In it, a gentleman says that Bilstein F4-BE5-6526-H5 for a Ford Ranger fit his 03 Super Crew 4wd, with a Fabtech lift. This part number is discontinued but I found a site that has it now listed as Bilstein 24-185684.

Can anyone confirm this? Is this literally the ONLY shock option for a 6" Fabtech lifted 03 Super Crew 4WD (excepting the crappy Fabtech FTS7159)?

Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CrisAnderson27
Hello ladies and gentlemen! This is my first post, and I swear I've already searched the entirety of Google for the answer to this, with almost zero success. Lots of 'Bilstein 5100'...but no part number, and Bilstein's (and every other vendor's) site seems to be useless for this. But I found a thread on this site:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/19...tech-lift.html

In it, a gentleman says that Bilstein F4-BE5-6526-H5 for a Ford Ranger fit his 03 Super Crew 4wd, with a Fabtech lift. This part number is discontinued but I found a site that has it now listed as Bilstein 24-185684.

Can anyone confirm this? Is this literally the ONLY shock option for a 6" Fabtech lifted 03 Super Crew 4WD (excepting the crappy Fabtech FTS7159)?

Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated.
I'm sure that others here may have your similar suspension setup as yours... but...being summer and that's when folks go on vacation or just plain get lost. You might get better information to contact Fabtech directly and see if they offer any suggestions to a correct shock or contact Bilstiens and explain your current suspension and see if they offer suggestions

The following users liked this post:
Old 07-25-2017, 09:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The fabtech kit includes shocks already unless you opted out and bought a lift kit part by part. I ran their shocks into the ground before I replaced them with Bilstein 5150's. The stock fabtech shocks are made by Fox I believe, and weren't bad. Unless you are planning on hitting it really crazy hard off road all the time. Anyhow, just my thoughts kind sir. I have a 4" lift on my '03 screw.

Old 09-04-2017, 11:18 PM
CrisAnderson27, did you ever get an answer to this? I am currently in the exact same situation. 03 supercrew, 6"fabtech and no one is showing a decent shock for it. I ran the procomps, but now am leaning toward the 5100s due to the 2 " diameter body of the shock and good reviews, but cant seem to find a part number. I did find this info on one site, but unsure due to no one can confirm http://www.eshocks.com/bil_Ind.asp?VC=9q6&SubChar=q

Old 09-04-2017, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by GLCOOPER
CrisAnderson27, did you ever get an answer to this? I am currently in the exact same situation. 03 supercrew, 6"fabtech and no one is showing a decent shock for it. I ran the procomps, but now am leaning toward the 5100s due to the 2 " diameter body of the shock and good reviews, but cant seem to find a part number. I did find this info on one site, but unsure due to no one can confirm http://www.eshocks.com/bil_Ind.asp?VC=9q6&SubChar=q
Buy the Bilstein 5150's! Honestly it's just like I said. Fabtech has had numerous companies build shocks for them. The stock fabtech shocks that come with your lift are decent and adequate to get it done! Again as stated before I ran mine into the ground with no catastrophic malfunction. Then I bought the 5150 series for my current f150. No major change in ride or function on and off road. However, I will tell you if you are worried about full on off road performance get a custom long travel kit built and put some nitrogen cooled king coil overs on it. Fabtech lifts are more looks than anything. Not an industrial application. But, with a 6" lift you got lots of choices...rancho, Fox, Bilstein, skyjacker, dirt logic, teraflex, rough country, pro comp, and etc....

Old 01-08-2018, 01:31 PM
I know im a little late to the party but on a receipt from 2009 i have the part number listed as
be5-6526-h6 Ford Ranger 4WD 6" front zinc 83-97 . Back then i paid $75.00 each and they were Bilstein 5100's

Old 04-29-2022, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by woody49705
I know im a little late to the party but on a receipt from 2009 i have the part number listed as
be5-6526-h6 Ford Ranger 4WD 6" front zinc 83-97 . Back then i paid $75.00 each and they were Bilstein 5100's
Thank you for your response! Weird that I never got notifications for any of these. The original Fabtech shocks were blown out within a year...with 99% street, and 1% desert dirt roads. They were useless lol. The shocks I ended up getting were off Amazon, "Bilstein 24-185684 B8 5100 Shock Absorber B8 5100 Shock Absorber". They fit great, and have been running strong...with a lot more abuse as well as regular daily driving...for the nearly 5yrs since I made this post lol.

Thanks again to all of you that answered!

Old 05-31-2022, 09:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GLCOOPER
I know this is a 5 year old thread..... Do you remember what Brand nerf bar/steps you installed on this red truck - from a distance they look like "Westin" ?