1997 - 2003 F-150

Terrya

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terrya

I have a 2001 Ford F150 4.2 liter 6 cylinder. My check engine light is on and while driving my oil light will come on but nothing is wrong. The ac blows warm air and the temp Gage goes up but the engine is not hot. I can switch the engine off while coasting or do it while stopped then turn it on and start the engine and it works fine for awhile. It does this after getting to a operating temperature. When I run a check it says a list of thing is wrong but the next time it says different things are bad.
What is wrong? Could it be the computer?

Old 05-14-2016, 07:19 PM
I've heard of something like that - he had a loose multi-wire connector .As it wiggled different things happened !
Other than that I woild guess the computer.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:24 PM
Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
With a check engine light on there is a code associated with it.
What is the code?
The oil pressure and engine temperature circuits are common to each other.
One failure is as bad as the other for engine damage even though different damage results from each type of failure.

Good luck.

Old 05-15-2016, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by Bluegrass
With a check engine light on there is a code associated with it.
What is the code?
The oil pressure and engine temperature circuits are common to each other.
One failure is as bad as the other for engine damage even though different damage results from each type of failure.

Good luck.
Bluegrass, The codes change every time you check it. OIL, Temp and AC on same circuit. So is circuit loose or what?

Old 05-15-2016, 07:57 PM
Well, respectfully, you asked for help, I asked for codes, now your dictating an answer.
We need the codes, as many different ones as you see.
We will see a pattern and get a better picture about what may be happening.
I hope you see my point without trying to sound kurt.
Good luck.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:05 PM
I think you over looked part of my post. You talked of engine damage concerning the oil light and temp gage. Oil light comes on but there is plenty oil and the pump is working fine, nothing wrong but the oil light is malfunctioning. The temp gage rises but it is not hot. Along with that the AC blows warm. That is the problem. Turning the engine off and back on corrects the problem only to do it again later. I'm not dictating an answer whatever you mean.I was asking if that could be the problem not that, that is the problem. I was asking a simple question. This has happened to someone else so there has to be a known simple answer and you do not know the answer so you are attacking me. Maybe a simple answer is beneath your narcissist attitude. I asked for help but not your particular help. I would rather not have your help respectfully and your dictating attitude. Your not curt, your a narcissist making a simple request for an answer to my question into a opportunity to prove you are superior to everyone else. Thanks but no thanks I don't need your help there are others that can tell me it's a wiring problem or the computer or something simple like that without your attacks. I don't need you chastising me because you have a superiority complex. Thank you and good bye. Good luck in your life and God bless.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:07 PM
No reply is necessary. In fact please do not rply.

Old 05-17-2016, 03:05 PM

And in his own words still wants to be told.
What a guy!
I wish you luck because you need it.

Last edited by Bluegrass; 05-17-2016 at 03:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Terrya