1997 - 2003 F-150

Glove box installation

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 11:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glove box installation

I had to remove the glove box on my '98 Ford F-150, and need to reinstall it.
Is there a trick or a method to attach it to the dash because the spring loaded hinge is very difficult to pry open while hand feeding the screws in the dash. Has anyone done this before? I took it off to repair my blend door, and now wish I never removed it.

Old 09-01-2015, 07:46 PM
I still haven't put mine back in after doing heater core / blend door as well. Stubborn little thing it is.

Old 04-06-2019, 01:32 AM
Install tip

Originally Posted by Tat2ski
I had to remove the glove box on my '98 Ford F-150, and need to reinstall it.
Is there a trick or a method to attach it to the dash because the spring loaded hinge is very difficult to pry open while hand feeding the screws in the dash. Has anyone done this before? I took it off to repair my blend door, and now wish I never removed it.
I own a 2001 crew cab but I doubt the glovebox is different. What I did was remove the front cover and the box itself so all I had left was the hinge and the metal base. I was surprised that it A. Weighted so much, and B. Made of metal.
So what I did was hooked it to the two prongs that it sets on and slowly pulled it down, separating the hinges and cover to get to the screw holes. Hadvto do this several times but was finally able to get the one closest to the door started and then got the other two.

Took time ans some patients but this is your only hope without going crazy.
Best of luck.

Old 04-06-2019, 10:19 AM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
I hope that this is fixed by now - 4 years later.

Quick Reply: Glove box installation