1997 - 2003 F-150

"Auto and Art" headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 11:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Auto and Art" headlights

Has anyone tried these? Hard to beat price-wise, but I'm curious if anyone here has tried them. Thanks.

http://www.autoandart.com/ford-exped...-assembly-dot/

Old 04-08-2015, 09:41 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
What year is your truck? Mine is a 2001. I was giving some thought to these:
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fe/full.aspx?Page=55

Old 04-08-2015, 03:00 PM
Mine is also a 2001. I'm mainly just looking to replace them to get rid of the hazy gray look of them after the years of use. Considering how much cheaper the Auto and Art ones are than the nice projector setups, I'm going to give them a try.

Old 04-08-2015, 05:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Flash Buddy
What year is your truck? Mine is a 2001. I was giving some thought to these:
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fe/full.aspx?Page=55

These are junk don't even waste your money on them. The don't fit right and the output is horrendous.

Old 04-08-2015, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by twawsico
Has anyone tried these? Hard to beat price-wise, but I'm curious if anyone here has tried them. Thanks.

http://www.autoandart.com/ford-exped...-assembly-dot/
For stock those aren't a bad price. You could also look into lightning and Harley style lights with the clear lens.

Old 04-08-2015, 06:08 PM
Go with the lighting headlights you won't regret it.

Old 04-08-2015, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by kd4gij
Go with the lighting headlights you won't regret it.
agreed^^

I had those cheaper "projector style" they look pretty cool and all....but...they don't perform as well I would hope/ expect. Meaning I didn't get much better light projection then stock. Maybe light distribution would be a better description...the projectors did throw light out ahead bit further, but not by much and what was lacking was the side light on the edges, but the ditch and next lane

Trending Topics

Old 04-09-2015, 01:38 PM
Good info. Thanks.

Old 04-09-2015, 04:42 PM
Render an opinion on these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360899396563?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
It seems like such a crap shoot - without being able to see and touch them it is hard to garner confidence when buying.

Old 04-10-2015, 05:10 PM

It seems like such a crap shoot - without being able to see and touch them it is hard to garner confidence when buying.
Oh yea...I get what you're saying!
I am running something very similar to this last pictured...but mine came with LED corners. AND... one side of the LED corner wont light up, SO... I put the stock corners back in so they look pretty close. they don't put out any more light then stock...but I wired the lower LED with the parking lights and then they come on and are used as day time driving lights or dusk lights. They do get looks, so I do get noticed going down the road or in town traffic...which is the point. To avoid a fender bender.

If your looking for better light projection on a over all level...then I would have to still say go for the lighting style headlight without the under or over brow LEDs

Old 04-23-2015, 08:23 AM
I'm going for curb appeal, the sock illumination is fine. Lately I've been going back and forth between chrome and black projectors.

In the end I'm looking to add a bit of chrome to the front; thinking chrome grill of some style, and maybe a chrome bug deflector. Trying to stay away from the black on black look. I'm worried that things can become too gaudy by putting too much chrome around the truck.

My other consideration is where do you buy lights with any confidence. I find what appears to be the exact same headlight sets for big discrepency in price.

Example:
LMC Projector LED Halos for $329.95

Pro Tuning Lab HID Xenon for $219.99

CARiD AnzoŽ - Chrome Halo Projector Headlights with LEDs and Amber Reflector for $280.08 - $347.84

Who's zooming who? How does one choose?!

Old 04-23-2015, 12:48 PM
I'm going for curb appeal, the sock illumination is fine. Lately I've been going back and forth between chrome and black projectors.

In the end I'm looking to add a bit of chrome to the front; thinking chrome grill of some style, and maybe a chrome bug deflector. Trying to stay away from the black on black look. I'm worried that things can become too gaudy by putting too much chrome around the truck.

My other consideration is where do you buy lights with any confidence. I find what appears to be the exact same headlight sets for big discrepency in price.

Example:
LMC Projector LED Halos for $329.95

Pro Tuning Lab HID Xenon for $219.99

CARiD AnzoŽ - Chrome Halo Projector Headlights with LEDs and Amber Reflector for $280.08 - $347.84

Who's zooming who? How does one choose?!
Well first off if you really want this for looks go else where, these lights stick out past where they should be and look like crap.
Secondly DO NOT put HIDs in these lights. They are halogen projectors and output will be crap. And you'll end up burning and melting the projectors with UV radiation. Plus you'll cause glare into oncoming traffic eyes..
Get yourself some chrome lightning or Harley lights if you want "curb appeal".
In my opinion function over form.

Old 04-24-2015, 07:07 AM
Ultimately it is your truck, so you make what you want.
Maybe find someone, or yourself with Photoshop and play with it take a photo of your truck and swapin photos of the desired/considered head light configurations to get the "street appeal" ( aka eye candy) you're looking for. In all likelihood, there probably is some photos out on the wonder web that match up close to what your truck and what the look your going for. Personally I don't care for the "all blackout" look either. but Ido tend to favor the black set over the "all chrome" look....too much of one or the other is unappealing.

thelariat02 does make a good point, that is that they still have to do the job that they are intended....So do some good research and get a quality set that won't fade, fail, overheat quickly and eventually leave you disappointed or blind the on-coming traffic with overly intense light. Also check with your local DOT, it maybe that there are some regulations that can help you select proper illumination.

Quick Reply: "Auto and Art" headlights