1997 - 2003 F-150

My Setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 01:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Setup

Hello everyone. I'm new to the whole lifted truck thing. I've always been more of a mustang person. But anyways, this is the setup I'm going for. Tell me what you guys think about it. I've been doing research for months and found everything I want. Just want to get some other opinions on if it is a good setup. Plus, any tips will be a big help.

I just bought my 03 screw a little over three months ago.

My truck:
2003 f150 xlt 5.4L Supercrew
2 wheel drive
K&n drop in filter
Gotts mod
Cherry bomb extreme si/do muffler

Future mods:

Suspension:
6" pro-comp suspension lift
3" pa body lift
1.5" daystar spacers
Gap Gaurds
Mickey Thompson Classic 2's (17x9)
Nitto mud grappler 37x13.5x17

Performance:
Bbk throttle body
Air raid throttle body spacer
Bbk under drive pullies
Bbk fuel rails
Edge evolution cts programmer
Troyer engine and transmission electric fans
K&N intake
42 lbs injectors
Vortec supercharger
4.88 gears
Detroit locker

Other mods:
Expedition front bucket seat with center console
Expedition rear seats (to match front buckets)
Simco white gauges
Cowl induction hood
Clear headlights and corners
Tinted brake lights and clear reverse
10k hid
4x4 front lower bumper valance with fog lights and tow hooks (10k hid for fog lights) painted black
Mag-hytec rear differential cover
Mag-hytec transmission cover
Obx headers
True dual exhaust
Magnaflow high flow catalytic converters (2)
Magnaflow Tru-X crossover
Magnaflow Magnapacks (2)
Strobe lights
K3la train horn kit
Led turn signals/parking lamps
Led brake lights
Led reverse lights
Led 3rd brake light (smoked)
Billet grille
Brush guard
Painted to match body grille surround/upper bumper valance

Update to stock applications:
All new door switches
All new door window motors
New carpet
New headliner
Rhino-lined bed

Audio:
Optima red top battery
Upgraded alternator
Mtx 5x7 door speakers
Mtx tweeters
Mtx thunder 8000 10" subwoofers in custom center console box
Mtx 1600 watt 2 channel amp
Mtx 600 watt 4 channel amp
Big 3 upgrade
0 awg wire
4 awg wire
Postive and negative distribution blocks
Tv's in headrest (for the kids)

Next five years or so:
Rebuilt 5.4L engine
New paint job (paint options: deep shadow gray, mineral grey, pearl white, or factory red color)

Last edited by DerrickT113; 06-25-2012 at 01:48 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:09 AM
Great list of stuff man definitely get some pictures of the truck once the lift and tires go on, but ditch those hids haha.

And just outta curiosity why did you go all mtc stuff audio wise, especially for the amps?

Also which alt did you go with? I've been planning on upgrading mine but I can't decide on who to go with for it.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by pizzaman711
Great list of stuff man definitely get some pictures of the truck once the lift and tires go on.
x2 List looks good

Old 06-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by pizzaman711
Great list of stuff man definitely get some pictures of the truck once the lift and tires go on, but ditch those hids haha.

And just outta curiosity why did you go all mtc stuff audio wise, especially for the amps?

Also which alt did you go with? I've been planning on upgrading mine but I can't decide on who to go with for it.
I've always had such good luck with mtx audio. I had the mtx thunder 7500 series subs in my mustang for years. They were still like new when I sold them after I wrecked my mustang. I also had the mtx door speakers and all mtx amps. Their door speakers are the ones that have the clearest sound to me and they scream! The amps, I've never had ANY issues with the amps at all. Never overheated, shut off, no blown fuses, or anything. And trust me, I am in a car club and I go to conpetitions, so I abused the hell out of all this equipment, and it never even effected it.

As for the alternator, I'm getting the Bosch AL7537HO 235 amp high output alternator. My buddy has this on his 03 extended can f150 5.4, and he loves it. He has two mmats audio 15s and a 4000 watt amp in the back. So I know it will handle what I will be installing.

Old 06-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Yea there equipment is good but the amps (no offense) are questionable power wise. But then again now I try to run stuff in my truck that's less than mainstream, like my last setup was a mmats d300hc amp (around 1750rms) running two skar 8's and I had slight dimming issues with it so that's the reason for the alt question haha. But then again im thinking of just doing a lower powered sq setup so s new alt maybe overkill haha. But if you like the stuff that's all that matters man!

Old 06-25-2012, 04:40 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds good! I would go with an Eaton lightning swap instead of a vortex though. :-)

Old 06-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by Halverso_99
Sounds good! I would go with an Eaton lightning swap instead of a vortex though. :-)
Thought about that. But, I figured it would less time consuming on just buying a vortec, instead of trying to find a lighting. Plus, I'm not real knowledgeable about what all would needed to be done to do the eaton swap. I also considered putting the kenne bell or the p1sc on, but not real sure on which way to go. Still deciding that.

Last edited by DerrickT113; 06-25-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 06-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Hi Derrick,
Great sounding format you have there, especially the vortec. Those always wake up whatever you put them on and usually surprise the guy in the next lane too...
I am not sure if you bought the RedTop or if it was already in the truck when you got it. Just a word of caution about it and your stereo system. Optima recommends you use our YellowTop series when you have big stereo upgrades as they are dual purpose, deep-cycling batteries, designed for such loads. Hopefully you won't have a problem but I wanted to point it out in case someone else reads the thread and needs a battery.
Thanks,
Bill Howell
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by Optima Bill
Hi Derrick,
Great sounding format you have there, especially the vortec. Those always wake up whatever you put them on and usually surprise the guy in the next lane too...
I am not sure if you bought the RedTop or if it was already in the truck when you got it. Just a word of caution about it and your stereo system. Optima recommends you use our YellowTop series when you have big stereo upgrades as they are dual purpose, deep-cycling batteries, designed for such loads. Hopefully you won't have a problem but I wanted to point it out in case someone else reads the thread and needs a battery.
Thanks,
Bill Howell
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.
Thanks! I was told by a guy to get the red top, I intended on the yellow top in the first place. But couldn't find any one who has had one. Will look into it more. Again, thanks man!

Old 06-26-2012, 01:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why the pro comp lift? You could just get the 7.5" fabtech and not even need the daystar spacers.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:40 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
loose the throttle body spacer and your fine!

Old 06-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by Buxton91
Why the pro comp lift? You could just get the 7.5" fabtech and not even need the daystar spacers.
If I get the 7.5" fabtech and add the 3" pa body lift, could I clear 38s? I intended on just 37s, but if the fabtech is 7.5" added to the 3" b/l, I assume I could clear 38s?

Old 06-26-2012, 04:44 PM
Nope you'll need the spacer for 38's. And most likely 37s.

What he was saying was with the fabtech 7.5 you'll be at the same height as you would with the procomp and the spacer.

You need about 10-11 to clear something like a 37x13.50 on a 9" wheel with 4.5" of backspacing. And probably with a little rubbing at full lock and on the valence and inner fender liner. For 38's you'll need at least 12" and still might have minor rubbing, and of course these tire sizes are all dependent on how aggressive the tread pattern is and what they truly measure out too, based on manufacture specs not what's on the sidewall.

Quick Reply: My Setup