1997 - 2003 F-150

Gauges for Towing

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gauges for Towing

I am looking into getting a travel trailer this summer and was wondering what type of aftermart gauges to get to monitor the parameters not available on the dash already. I have a 1999 XLT with a 5.4. Im looking at installing a 2 or 3 gauge A-pillar pod on my truck.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:09 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
definitely get a transmission temp gauge. then get whatever you want. i have oil presure and water temp.

how big is the trailer? you might want to get a superduty transmission cooler out of the 99-02 superduties.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:16 AM
rus
Definite transmission. Oil and water temp nice to have also. I notice you have an expedition overhead console.
I installed this gauge pod holder in my overhead.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the Replies, I was defiantly thinking about the trans temp. Also thought about the Water Temp and Oil Temp as it would be nice to have actual #'s when towing. Will defiantly be upgrading the Coolers (Trans, Power steering and Radiator). As for the Overhead Console Idea, I have a project going right now. I will be moving a/c controls up there and where the radio is is going to be a Computer Monitor and where the A/C controls were, are going to be dual DVD slots for a in car comp. I will be building. A second monitor will be in the coby hole in the center console.

Quick Reply: Gauges for Towing