1997 - 2003 F-150

So my truck got broken into

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So my truck got broken into

and they stole my subs and my radio...it sucks but now I need to do something to prevent this from happening again

from the looks of it they picked the door lock on my truck with a screwdriver or some hard object, so my question is what can I do to prevent someone from jimmying the lock on my truck, or picking it and also what can I do to make my radio harder to remove(f150s are to easy to take the radio from*removing the bezel at least)

also in your own opinion what is the best alarm out there

Old 06-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stephen87
and they stole my subs and my radio...it sucks but now I need to do something to prevent this from happening again

from the looks of it they picked the door lock on my truck with a screwdriver or some hard object, so my question is what can I do to prevent someone from jimmying the lock on my truck, or picking it and also what can I do to make my radio harder to remove(f150s are to easy to take the radio from*removing the bezel at least)

also in your own opinion what is the best alarm out there
sorry man, I feel your pain, happened to me before.

as far as making it harder to get out, if they ever do get in it'll probably just make the damage worse. i've seen some seriously jacked up dashboards that looked like someone took an axe to them.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:03 PM
An alarm would be ideal. These trucks, and I know the rangers too.... Just a flat screwdriver smacked into the outside lock and pried up will unlock it. Thats how mine have been broken into. You can also bolt your sub box down. And use special bolt heads, also use different ones. That makes it a pain for anyone.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:44 PM
I have a viper alarm and haven't had any issues. Cliford is also really nice. The biggest thing with alarms is making sure that when it is installed they don't just through it in the truck and call it good, but hide the important parts making it harder to disable. As far as making it harder to get to I don't know what to say since if a crook realy wants it he is going to get it, and he wont care what damage he does since it wont be his issue.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:39 AM
damn dude sorry to hear about that...my truck got broken into a few months ago at my work and they stole my stereo...an alpine double din, but sucks for them that the cd player didn't work, so it was pretty much worthless...

i would recommend that you invest in a good alarm, i have the python style with the remote that beeps when your alarm goes off...its good up to a half mile radius...lets me breath a little easier while i'm working...

Old 06-02-2010, 12:44 AM
well I was looking at some alarms on vipers website and I saw one that came with its own battery and also a separate horn in case they disabled the main ones and so I am probably going to go with something like that

Old 06-02-2010, 02:02 AM
Do you have remote keyless entry? You could have your key locks deleted. Ive been thinking about doing mine. But then again, its just as easy to pop the split window in the back, still not hard to get in. Alarm with pager is ideal. Some pagers are good for hella far away. I was in a movie theater one time and my GF at the times pager went off and her car was outside in the far back of the parking lot. On the pager it showed that the passenger door had been opened. So we ran out, only to find the alarm had scared the person off. Nothing was taken. But the window was broken.

Or like I said, bolt your stuff down real good. They will spend too much time and end up leaving it behind. If they can't do it in 15 seconds or so, theyll just leave.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:23 AM
well my window is one solid piece but I plan to get an electric slider but only after I get a headache rack like the one pictured below

I also am trying to find a way to get electric locks out of manual locks to get the keyless entry

Old 06-02-2010, 07:36 AM
Alarm

Get a good two way alarm, viper alarms are really dependable. Also buy two piezo sirens and wire them to the siren output. Mount one under the driver dash and the other under the passenger dash. Next time someone attempts to break in and take something they wont stay 5 seconds. Those things will make your ears bleed inside the cab. About the only thing you can do is add noise to make the situation noticeable and/or uncomfortable for the idiots breaking in. Bottom line is if they want something you have in your truck, most likely they'll do anything to get it. If you need any help installing your alarm, pm me. I've installed those things for years.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:21 PM
That sux man. I have the viper alarm my truck has been broken into twice both times they never got in the truck bc the alarm went off. First time they shattered the window luckily my illegal 5% tint held together and alarm went off. Second they popped the lock cylinder out of the passanger side, but the alarm went off. I have my subs bolted to the truck with some anti theft bolts good luck getting those out. And I also replaced my passenger side door handle with a handle with no lock cylinder one less lock I don't have to worry about. Good luck on whatever you do. We spend all this money to make our trucks nice and peeps just F with them.

Last edited by tyebo168; 06-02-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:40 PM
My girlfriends Blazer has been broken into twice. The second time was with the Viper alarm and pager I had installed. She had it in her purse and did not hear it going off. Anyone else that hears your alarm going off doesn't care so make sure you get the pager and keep it somewhere you can hear it. They broke in the same way by hammering a screwdriver through the locks. I took out both the locks and the arms attached to them then filled the holes after the second break in. I think it will make it a little harder but in the end if they really want in they will get in. Until our countries come down hard on thieving D-bags nothing is going to change. I don't think the police even try to catch them anymore because the courts turn around and let them out right away.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:29 PM
I am all for what some other countries are doing for theft ie chopping of hands and sever beatings, hell I would even approve of the death penelty but I doubt any of that will ever happen, so for now I am gonna do the alarm, the piezio sirens, delete the keyholes, and also as a backup have a small battery in the cab or hidden somewhere that will act as a backup for the alarm and locks assuming the battery dies or they cut the battery

Old 06-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by Toyz
An alarm would be ideal. These trucks, and I know the rangers too.... Just a flat screwdriver smacked into the outside lock and pried up will unlock it. Thats how mine have been broken into. You can also bolt your sub box down. And use special bolt heads, also use different ones. That makes it a pain for anyone.
Why dont your just tell the whole world..

Old 06-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by 98infinity
Why dont your just tell the whole world..
I don't think it's any secret.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Toyz
I don't think it's any secret.
Its not...

If I were you, I would tint your windows...............dark.

I went 5% before I installed my AVIC F90bt

Quick Reply: So my truck got broken into