1997 - 2003 F-150

Good websites for parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good websites for parts

Hey all,

Haven't been here in a long time and getting ready to do some overall tune-up work on my '98 4.2. What's a good place to pick up parts online? I know I'll be doing brakes all the way around and might do shocks while I'm down there. Also planning on breaking down the intake (haven't done that since the lower intake gasket job) to get the EGR's cleaned and will probably pull the injectors to clean those too. Anyone here send out their injectors to get cleaned? Stuff like coil/plugs/wires will probably get done and I know someone here knows the best place to get it all. Thanks!

DBD

Old 05-16-2010, 10:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
www.tascaparts.com

That's where everyone refers me to.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:18 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by DrivenBYDemons
Hey all,

Haven't been here in a long time and getting ready to do some overall tune-up work on my '98 4.2. What's a good place to pick up parts online? I know I'll be doing brakes all the way around and might do shocks while I'm down there. Also planning on breaking down the intake (haven't done that since the lower intake gasket job) to get the EGR's cleaned and will probably pull the injectors to clean those too. Anyone here send out their injectors to get cleaned? Stuff like coil/plugs/wires will probably get done and I know someone here knows the best place to get it all. Thanks!

DBD
Rock Auto for OEM replacement parts, -the best IMO. I've weeded thru a few different online suppliers, but I have tried Tasco yet and haven't heard that much about them, so personally I can't say. There are a few suppliers you to steer clear from, so ask here before using them. Don't fall for the free shipping scams out there lol. Rock Auto has quite a few warehouses around the map, so you can get better than fair combined shipping charges.

Shocks - Shockwarehouse is a good online store for after market. You'll want aftermarket as far as shocks. Bilstein is highly recommended.

I've got most my brake parts thru Rock Auto. The pads were purchased thru carquest locally and hardline is purchased in 25-50 feet coils @ Auto zone if needed. Rubber lines, cardon calipers and everything else can be had at Rock.

Ignition - Stay with Motorcraft replacement parts if you can, - for best results and longevity. Rock Auto does sell Motorcraft as well. They also carry the long lasting Motorcraft fine wire plugs for your 4two. Use Motorcraft wires and coil as well for best results.

Good luck, I went thru my truck with awesome results.

Last edited by jbrew; 05-16-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've found good quality parts at rock auto as well, they have plenty to look through.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by Klitch
I've found good quality parts at rock auto as well, they have plenty to look through.
Competitive pricing, good shipping rates and fast, easy to maneuver through the site and parts search... overall good place.
Their inventory could be a bit bigger, but to be honest, to stock as many parts as they do for 10+ year old vehicles, its pretty descent.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by jbrew
Rock Auto for OEM replacement parts, -the best IMO. I've weeded thru a few different online suppliers, but I have tried Tasco yet and haven't heard that much about them, so personally I can't say. There are a few suppliers you to steer clear from, so ask here before using them. Don't fall for the free shipping scams out there lol. Rock Auto has quite a few warehouses around the map, so you can get better than fair combined shipping charges.

Shocks - Shockwarehouse is a good online store for after market. You'll want aftermarket as far as shocks. Bilstein is highly recommended.

I've got most my brake parts thru Rock Auto. The pads were purchased thru carquest locally and hardline is purchased in 25-50 feet coils @ Auto zone if needed. Rubber lines, cardon calipers and everything else can be had at Rock.

Ignition - Stay with Motorcraft replacement parts if you can, - for best results and longevity. Rock Auto does sell Motorcraft as well. They also carry the long lasting Motorcraft fine wire plugs for your 4two. Use Motorcraft wires and coil as well for best results.

Good luck, I went thru my truck with awesome results.
Awesome info, thanks all for taking the time to hook me up!

Quick Reply: Good websites for parts