1997 - 2003 F-150

Ford Remote Start wont fire

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Remote Start wont fire

G’day, I just picked up an 02 Supercrew. It came with a “Ford” remote starter. I imagine it was a dealer install from the previous owner. Anyways when I try to use the remote starter, it will crank the engine over but not fire. If I manually start the truck it fires up immediately. Any ideas how come the remote start wont fire?

Thanks

Old 02-10-2010, 04:54 PM
There is a PATS error. Truck thinks its being stolen. Usually remote start sytems have a small loose wire wrapped around the ignition cylinder, right behind the trim panel and on the steering column. I would check to see if that wire has been damaged.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the info. I just bought the truck so am still learning the in and outs of this particular truck. I tried the remote start while in the truck and sure enough the "theft" light was flashing during the starts.

How do I know if that wire has been damaged or how do I go about fixing it? Is there a procedure write up for it?

cheers

Old 02-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Pull the two trim panels, top and bottom off your column and check the wire.
Try remote starting the vehicle while holding the key about 1/2 inch from the ignition. Should start then. This will tell you its a wire problem. Use the search button to see if there are any write ups. If not I think they have one at F150forum.com. Good luck

Quick Reply: Ford Remote Start wont fire