1997 - 2003 F-150

Window Motor

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window Motor

Does anyone know the process of removing the drivers sidewindow motor out of a 97 I'm goin to pick on up at the jyard today and trying to see how hard it will be before wasting time when I get there .

Old 06-30-2009, 11:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update

ok so I just went out and checked out how to take it out doesnt look too difficult other that having to drill out rivets and take off appropriate linkages so on.. So i decided before I did all that I would check to see if there could be any power issues. I press the switch down and it activates the relay, I pulled the relay and tried another seems to work fine checked wiring at door at the motor put a light tester on the red and yellow wires from switch pressing down nothing pressing up it Lights up......?? does this sound right?

Could this be my problem? I figured that because I activated the relay that it was fine but im not getting the tester to light up ?

I cleaned the switch by taking it apart as suggested per another thread still same situation.

Is there anything else I should be checking or am I gonna need to tread through replacing the motor?

Thanks for the Help!

Quick Reply: Window Motor