1997 - 2003 F-150

Enjoying this site

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 09:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enjoying this site

I bought my 1997 F150 XL 4x4 in October last year as a work truck. It needed some work and I figured I would spend some time and fix it up. I first replaced the fuel filter and the air filter and spark plugs. Unfortunately I didn't know at the time that these trucks prefer stock plugs and wires and need to get them changed out asap. I had to replace the box as the front corners of it were getting rotted out and replaced it with a flareside box from a 2000 that my buddy had as a spare parts truck. I want to lift the truck and bought 2" lifting blocks but have decided to leave them out for now and just use the torsion bars to level it out. I'm going to look at programmer today but just something simple probably just a hypertech or superchips as I don't really need custom tuning. Sound system is going this weekend (will take pics). I also have to decide what color to go with as the box is silver ( wish I had the paint code) and the cab is white. Anyway thanks for lots of good info and hope to get some more!

Old 05-30-2009, 11:40 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
It's great that you are using the site and enjoying it. Sounds as if you are having lots of fun with your truck!

Old 05-30-2009, 12:07 PM
Yeah the mod motors don't like a plug cause it fits. A new low restriction air filter or even the kit along with an exhaust upgrade from a muffler to a cat back. I got the full tilt boogie setup for tuners but I've been doing it with carbs for years so doing it on a lap top is easier and better. The tunes you get with the tuners aren't to bad and some like the X3 can have custom tunes installed. Sounds like on the paint colors you have a new paint job is in store. If there's little dents and dings fix them and go to town with a paint gun. Stick with the oil wt. that's recommended but choose what is right for the mileage. Drain all the fluids and replace if needed with a full synthetic is my call.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:35 PM
I'd post some pics up but I'm not allowed to yet. I figure after a few more posts I can and I will!

Old 05-30-2009, 03:08 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
can't upload pics???

use a site like photbucket or similar

the link start with [img] and ends with [/img]

Old 05-30-2009, 03:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think there is a minimum time on posting pics. Just don't use the album on this site. Do as posted above and open an album on another site and use the [img] tags and the URL of the picture you want to post.

Welcome
This place is great for repairs, and hard on the wallet on mods.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:52 PM
Global Moderator &

No minimum time on pics. You just can't post a pic directly from your hard drive. You can start an a;bum on this site and copy a pic from there, or you can copy a pic from a hosted web site such as Photobucket.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Go for photobucket. You can resize pics if you want. Make a custom avatar or change it to what you want. Some sites have restrictions on things like that.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
No minimum time on pics. You just can't post a pic directly from your hard drive. You can start an a;bum on this site and copy a pic from there, or you can copy a pic from a hosted web site such as Photobucket.
What was I doing wrong when I was posting from the album on this site, I could see the pictures, but no one else could?

Old 05-30-2009, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by Tumba
What was I doing wrong when I was posting from the album on this site, I could see the pictures, but no one else could?
Did u check the private option or leave it on the public?

Old 05-30-2009, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by kaboom10
Did u check the private option or leave it on the public?
I'll have to check that out. I didn't know you could. But I lost one album completely, around the time of the upgrade.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by Tumba
I have no idea, other than the fact you are in Arkansas.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:54 PM
I just made an album to try it out and when I changed the descrition of the pic and upgraded it was fine.

Quick Reply: Enjoying this site