Must have products for your work truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by edwards
on my old 97 i had these spots on my tailgate to hook my tie downs to and they worked perfect for when i had to haul a couple sheets of drywall and other sheets of wood to the job site or back to shop. i dont know if anyone knows what im talking about? my new truck doesnt have those spots on the tailgate which makes it really annoying because the hooks in the box are to high to use when you want to tie down a load that isnt quite tall enough. anyways, thats something im gonna need to add to my new one. get something bolted or welded on or something.
How I haul paneling, plywood, sheet rock, sheet metal or anything like that in my short box, I tie on to the factory tie down, and run a loop to the end, then under and come out on the side and tie onto the other tie down on the other side. Then do it again the other direction.
If that makes sense, if not I can draw a pic. later
Make sure to put something on top in the front to keep it from grabbig air, but that keeps it from sliding out the back.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PSS-Mag
How I haul paneling, plywood, sheet rock, sheet metal or anything like that in my short box, I tie on to the factory tie down, and run a loop to the end, then under and come out on the side and tie onto the other tie down on the other side. Then do it again the other direction.
If that makes sense, if not I can draw a pic. later
Make sure to put something on top in the front to keep it from grabbig air, but that keeps it from sliding out the back.

yea i do that too. that works great for when your load hangs past the tailgate. I have the 6.5 box so when you load anything sheet it only extends to about halfway across the tailgate so you cant really loop it underneath unless you were to lay your straps out first, which i never remember to do haha. also that method doesn't work either if your hauling say two dozen 2x4's. You drive a 2000, you should check to see if your tailgate has those little pockets thats im talking about. they work really great for strapping down anything.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:00 PM
yea i do that too. that works great for when your load hangs past the tailgate. I have the 6.5 box so when you load anything sheet it only extends to about halfway across the tailgate so you cant really loop it underneath unless you were to lay your straps out first, which i never remember to do haha. also that method doesn't work either if your hauling say two dozen 2x4's. You drive a 2000, you should check to see if your tailgate has those little pockets thats im talking about. they work really great for strapping down anything.
Yea I cant tell you of how many times I have loaded then unloaded various loads because I forgot to preplan my straps...... Sometimes the laod barely fits io nteh box and once in I cant get to the tie downs so have to unload hook my straps and drap them over teh edges, then reload...... SUCKS MONKEY BUTT!

I wish you had a pic of those pockets in the tailegate, I have not noticed them. I'll inspect closely tomarrow in daylight.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:56 AM
i found this picture from a camping trip of my dog guarding some wood haha, but you can still totally see them, i drew a little red circle around it.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:54 PM
i found this picture from a camping trip of my dog guarding some wood haha, but you can still totally see them, i drew a little red circle around it.

Wel lI'll be damned, I'd never noticed them, didnt know they were there.

BTW that an extremely nice truck!!!!!

Old 03-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Thumbs up Mat, Steps

Rubber bed mat so stuff doesn't slide around all the time. The Ford Parts one is great and only a bit over $100.

I got the Amp Research Bed Step - best investment ever.
http://www.amp-research.com/products...es/bedstep.asp

I'd like to get side steps to reach in the bed if anyone knows if any are available for the S/cab 8' bed. I have sidesteps for the cab, these would be for the bed.

Last edited by stucandu; 03-14-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:38 AM
WORKLIGHTS, your useless if you can't see what your doing

Old 03-23-2010, 12:22 AM
uh my truck see other thread

Old 04-13-2012, 08:35 PM
http://www.hi-lift.com/slide-n-lock/index.html

I have a set of these in my truck. With the 6.5' bed and a cross box, these fit down the side of the bed just below the bed cap. I purchased a couple extra loops. It is nice to have the adjust-ability of the rail and having them up off the floor of the truck. I can tie up a 5 gallon propane tank to keep it from rolling, or load the bed, then tie it down without having to dig for an anchor.

Old 11-26-2013, 02:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
While I work my truck, I don't make my living with my truck, so my needs might vary from others here. Much of the work I put my truck to is for home repair / improvement, and hauling for hunting / fishing / camping trips...

Vehicle extraction accessory kit made up of...
--****** strap
--Choker chain
--Tree strap
--****** block
--Spare hooks
--D rings
--2XL roping glvoes to fit my fat hands.
--Winch mount and winch.

Cargo / Equipment control.
--Ratchet straps, at least 4, more is better.
--Custom built knockdown ladder rack / canoe hauler.

General.
--Hi Lift jack and accessories.
--Tactical Shovel.
--Misc Bungees and a tarp for impromptu shelter in the bed of the truck if needed...

Old 11-26-2013, 04:30 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Old 11-26-2013, 05:16 PM

That's so awesome!

I may do this when I'm bored, with fake video included

Last edited by KMAC0694; 11-26-2013 at 05:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Must have products for your work truck