Mud terrains on highway?snow?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 03:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Mud terrains on highway?snow?

I am looking at getting a set of MTs for my 4x4. I barely do any off-roading but really like the look of the muds. Plus I want the 33/12.5/17 size and other that Pro Comp I can't find this size in an AT. So, I am wondering about the noise level on highway. I don't want it to be too loud since I do quite a bit of highway driving. Also, what are the muds like in winter. I also have to deal with hard packed snow highways for a good portion of the winter up here in Canada.

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-15-2002, 08:38 AM
I have heard that the Goodyear MT/R is an awesome tire. It is suppose to be fairly quite on road, and has an excellent rating for snow! The more I keep reading about this tire, the more I like it. I am possibly thinking of getting this tire for my truck.

If you want to read more about it, go to tirerack.com . They have peoples opinions and reviews of many big name tires. Hope this helps you out.

Old 08-16-2002, 10:12 AM
MT/Rs rock, mine have 10,000 miles and no observable tread wear. Not very noisy and pull like a mule in the mud. Can't comment on snow, we get about one light dusting a year down here in Texas (if we are lucky); of course that causes every single person on central expressway to immediately slam into the nearest vehicle.

Old 08-16-2002, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the replies. I think I will be going with the MT/Rs. My local goodyear shop has never installed a set of 305/70/17's yet so he is going to sell me the MT/R's at his cost, just to get people looking at them. His cost is $300 Canadian plus taxes.

And yes even up in Canada the first snow fall creates havoc on the roads!

Old 08-16-2002, 06:56 PM
Everyone is right!

You can't go wrong with the mt/r. I have over 20,000 on my set now and plan on many more. Rich

Quick Reply: Mud terrains on highway?snow?