11,000 and New Front Pads and Rear Roters

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 01:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 11,000 and New Front Pads and Rear Roters

I'm a little ticked off at this one. Just 11,000 miles on my 2001 Sport 4x4 and the dealer had to replace the front pads, turn the roters and replace the rear roters.

All because of a LOUD screech coming from the front brakes. It sounded like the warning sensor but the pads were fine. When the mechanic told me this might not fix the problem and said that a little noise from the brakes was normal I almost #@!# my pants.

he said the Eurpoean cars have been doing it for years and it is due to the lack of asbestos in the brakes and the fact that here is more metal in the pads.

Hmm..... I don't give a rats *** if it happens in a eurpoean car. For over $30,000.00 for the truck I expect the breaks to be quiet untill it's time for them to tell me I need new ons via the warning sensor.

They I heard the service writer talking with the parts guy about how the warrenty manager was gong to have a fit about warrenty break pads.

Four cars and trucks with Ford and this is the first problem. Maybe I'm just blowing this out of proportion......

Anyone having the same problem?

Old 06-12-2002, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I replaced my pads about 11,000 miles ago, and had this problem right away. I think that my rotors are a little scored though. My racing brain kicked in when changing pads, and I didn't feel the need to turn the rotors. Oh well.

Erin

Quick Reply: 11,000 and New Front Pads and Rear Roters