Fender Well Removal?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 11:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Fender Well Removal?

Has anyone removed their fender wheel well pads? Those bulky looking things dont really look like they do anything.... they are just plastic. I was wondering if anyone knew if they were attached by screws and would leave holes upon removal. Mine are black against my red paint and I really dont like them and it would be cheaper for me to remove them instead of taking my truck to a body shop and having them paint them. If anyone has any pictures after the removal that would be awesome!
Thanks.

Old 06-06-2002, 12:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are referring to the front wheel well liners, yes, I removed mine before I had the truck undercoated and then re-installed them after. I don't havepix, but there's several screws around the lip of the fender and several christmas tree fasteners around inside the liner. I'm still not sure why you would want to leave them off, but it's very easy to do, you don't even need to remove the wheels to take them out.
Also, if I remember correctly, there is a piece of foam in the rear of the fender near the door. I guess this is to prevent stuff from getting inside the fender from the door side or it's for sound deadening. This piece is not attached with anything, just jammed in.

Last edited by Jimb; 06-06-2002 at 12:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Fender Well Removal?