Brakes pulling to left

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 05:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brakes pulling to left

Anyone have any ideas as to why my truck(95 150 4x2) pulls slightly to the left when I stop. Seems to happen mostly at lower speeds(Under 30). I have new rotors, Pads, Bearing and have blead the system. Can an alignment problem cause this? Or would a bad caliper do it? I don't want to invest in the whole nine yards again to solve this problem. I'm out of ideas! Did'nt do this until I had an alignment about a month ago, which at the same time (I) did the brake job. I'm using ceramic pads from Carquest(Good Ones). Also adjusted the rear brakes in hope that one was pulling, but they were ok. I'm out of ideas and it gets old having to turn slightly to the right every time I stop. It's like I have to mentally prepare to stop, or I wind up heading into the lane next to me! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Rick

Old 06-02-2002, 03:24 PM
Sounds like something is up with the right front brake. Could be a damaged hose or caliper, hard to say though. The first thing to check would be to make sure the sliders are moving freely. Did you lube them when you did the brakes?

-Jon

Old 06-02-2002, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the help Ford4ever! I just changed out the caliper today on the left side and that did the trick. It did'nt seem like it was hanging when I turned the wheel by hand, but I guess it was when I put the brakes on it just grabbed more than it should. Just a bad caliper internally, I guess! Like you said, it was the caliper after all. Just goes to show, just spinning the wheel by hand and seeing that it does not bind, does'nt mean the caliper is good! And Yes, I did clean the sliders and lube them up, as I did last time, as you suggested. All is Well!! Thanks, Rick

Last edited by rickdb1; 06-02-2002 at 07:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Brakes pulling to left