Give me reason not to buy these tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Give me reason not to buy these tires

Nitto terra grappler. I was poking around looking for some tires and I came across these. http://www.discounttiredirect.com/
Has anyone had any experiemce with these?The price is right and the free shipping is a major plus.Heck, anyone have any experience with nitto tires at all? None of the local shops around here carry them s I can't go in and ask them about the tires.

edit: darnit I can't get a link directly to the tire but this might work: http://www.nittotire.com/tire_ntterr...r_overview.asp

Last edited by lightningcrashz; 05-31-2002 at 05:20 PM.
Old 05-31-2002, 08:36 PM
Look Nice, but not LT

The tires look real nice, although I do not know how they hold up. Depending on how you use your truck, and if it is time for new tires, I would upgrade to LT rated tires. Our trucks should really come with them in the first place. I like having the extra sidewall strength, load carrying capicity, and peace of mind knowing my 5000 Lb truck is traveling on heavy-duty rubber.

Old 06-01-2002, 02:27 PM
Mileage

Discount tire direct says they are Lt tires.I am just wondering how many miles I would get out of them

Its not time for tires but with my habbits (sand,snow, occasional mud) the tires on my truck simply will not work.I went to the dunes memorial weekend and was barely able to get my truck to the camping spot (on sand roads).Thats where it stayed all weekend long.talk about no fun...........had to ride around in my buddies F150 (3"body lift& 36" swampers)......ok it was fun riding but not near as fun as driving would be.

Btw the passenger tires on my truck seem to hold up just fine when hauling a heavy load (1000lbs give or take) of hardiboard siding in the bed (for my house)

Last edited by lightningcrashz; 06-01-2002 at 02:44 PM.
Old 06-06-2002, 02:40 PM
Nitto Terra Grappler Tires

LightningCrashes,
I will have a set (305/70R-16) on my truck by this weekend. I guess the tires are to new, cause nobody knows anything about them ie. Milage, traction, ride..... I will let you know what I think about them next week..

Old 06-07-2002, 07:13 PM
its too late

I will be putting the big O bigfoot xt (285/75)on my truck in 4 days.The guys down there will give me 200 bucks for my current tires (80 percent tread) bringing the grand total to 491 out the door.I can't beat that price anywhere.However, I do plan on adding a leaf (I have a superduty) to the front to get a lttle more clearance for a the size tire you are getting. IT would be great to hear first hand on how the look, perform ect.......

Quick Reply: Give me reason not to buy these tires