Help with tire size

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2002, 11:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with tire size

I am asking this question about a friends truck, so please excuse the ignorance (and length) of this post. He has been told different things by different tire shops and I told him Y'all would definately know the answer.

He has a 2002 F-250 4x4 4door w/8 foot bed and Powerstroke Diesel.
He wants to put 315/75r16 BFG on the stock rims. This brings up several questions:

Can he do this with just a 2" lift in front? Will he need to lift front and back? If so how much? (He needs to be as low as poosible without rubbing, because he is trying to fit in the parking garages in Houston)

Do any of you have these tires on your F250? and if so what is the overall heigth of your truck?

Will the PS diesel be powerful enough to handle this diameter of tire without gear changes? Will it hurt performance alot?

Thank y'all so much--Martin

Old 05-20-2002, 04:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The other week my brother-in-law was cleaning a F-250 diesel crew cab. It had 315/75s on the stock rims. The truck was completley stock, suspension wise. I looked at the truck and didn't notice any obvious signs of rubbing. The truck was filthy and had obviously been used off road. Hope this helps. I am sure some Super Duty owners out there will be along with some answers.

Quick Reply: Help with tire size