Friend needs help with size

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2002, 11:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Friend needs help with size

I am asking this question about a friends truck, so please excuse the ignorance (and length) of this post. He has been told different things by different tire shops and I told him Y'all would definately know the answer.

He has a 2002 F-250 4x4 4door w/8 foot bed and Powerstroke Diesel.
He wants to put 315/75r16 BFG on the stock rims. This brings up several questions:

Can he do this with just a 2" lift in front? Will he need to lift front and back? If so how much? (He needs to be as low as poosible without rubbing, because he is trying to fit in the parking garages in Houston)

Do any of you have these tires on your F250? and if so what is the overall heigth of your truck?

Will the PS diesel be powerful enough to handle this diameter of tire without gear changes? Will it hurt performance alot?

Thank y'all so much--Martin

Last edited by MWKellner; 05-20-2002 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-20-2002, 01:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some other guys will surely respond with more info than me, but in the mean time... They should fit with no problem, and the power stroke will turn them without any problem at all. I doubt that he'll even feel a drop off in performance with a hoss of an engine like that. I bet it would look awesome!

Old 05-20-2002, 01:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The stock rims are what size? If the tires are 16x7 that tire may be too wide. If they are 16x8, no problem.

Quick Reply: Friend needs help with size