Stillen Rotors? Need rotors on my SCrew..

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2002, 03:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stillen Rotors? Need rotors on my SCrew..

My "01 SCrew has 30k miles and I am getting hop/vibration from the rear when braking. I believe I have at least one warped disc. I want to install some better-quality rotors. I called Stillen, and they have their "Sport Rotors" for the SCrew at $286/set for the rear and $207 for the front. Their pads (recommended by them of course) are $80 rear and $99 front. That's $672 for a complete set, which seems quite high to me. I don't want to put on rotors that are just gonna warp again.

Any feedback on the Stillens? ANy other recommendations? I can't find much for the 2001 Super Crew on-line.

Old 04-04-2002, 06:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I replaced my stock rotors with Powerslot rotors after getting a price from Stillen. I paid about half of that price by going with Powerslot. I did buy the calipers though. I have about 40k on the new rotors and no problems, except a slight squeek when you take off, but I have large tires so I heat them up faster. Check into powerslot. All I can say is no brake fade, wet weather braking is alot better. If you upgrade, get the braided lines as well. Its really not cheap but you WILL thank yourself later.

Quick Reply: Stillen Rotors? Need rotors on my SCrew..